Paranoid Schizophrenia

exquisite

im wondering, has anyone ever encountered this? or does anyone on here suffer from it? i just really need to know.

exquisite

i wasnt diagnosed with it. my my bf....or my ex..idk right now, was diagnosed with. & it was in remission, but out of nowhere he started acting weird & i did some research & now im convinced its his paranoia. i just dont know how other people deal with this.

jarnapal

i wasnt diagnosed with it. my my bf....or my ex..idk right now, was diagnosed with. & it was in remission, but out of nowhere he started acting weird & i did some research & now im convinced its his paranoia. i just dont know how other people deal with this.

I was paranoid about raw food, germs and illnessess. I was like almost blacking out every time I ate something that I imagined to be a undercooked meat. It's gone now. It was potassium deficiency/too much salt ( they regualate each other). By the way, I eat raw meat now. You can look closer into it if interested at raw-paleo forum.

Jake123

Banned
lol, while I was temporarily crazy for a bit I thought I was Lady Gaga and that I made Telephone, and I was pissed that people still thought I was a hermaphrodite
And then I was convinced Lady Gaga was some kind of mutant baby inside of me that I created by reproducing with myself and that I was going to give birth to her.

Whychosis

Paranoia played a role in my last mental evaluation, which put me on disability. I wouldn't call it schizophrenia, though I never got a straight answer. It's more like anxiety with paranoid tendencies. Every now and then It drives me to a panic attack. I dunno...maybe it is somewhat schizophrenia. It can hit me bad enough I'll barricade my door and stay up all night with intense adrenaline. Or tell people to leave because they're scaring me. When it's not this bad it's only minor, drives my thinking mildly. I wouldn't call it schizophrenia until I completely lost it permanently.

It's like that scene from A Beautiful Mind where John Nash is watching out his window. Everything and everyone looks guilty and part of a plot to destroy you. Though it doesn't control me 100% of the time.

That's all I have to say

sanitariumcalls

Paranoia played a role in my last mental evaluation, which put me on disability.

Ditto!

I'm technically diagnosed schizotypal (schizophrenia lite I guess lol) in conjunction with Bipolar I. Honestly, the best thing you could do for your loved one is to be supportive! Do not judge them for their hallucinations or paranoia! They cannot control the situation in their brain without help (medicine, therapy and love) and if you truly care about this person, be there for them.

Many people, including myself in the past, are abandoned by their support system because it is an intense thing for "sane" people to deal with. In reality, leaving them be is much, much worse than you can imagine. It fuels their paranoia, and can create far more serious problems. You must remember that person you care about is not gone, they are, for lack of a better term, stuck in hell in their head.

I hope things work out, and good luck to you!

arsenalwa

lol, while I was temporarily crazy for a bit I thought I was Lady Gaga and that I made Telephone, and I was pissed that people still thought I was a hermaphrodite
And then I was convinced Lady Gaga was some kind of mutant baby inside of me that I created by reproducing with myself and that I was going to give birth to her.

Oh man. I hate Lady Gaga! :D