Panic attacks and menstruation-could this be related to SA?

alwaysrunning

Ever since i started getting my period when i was about twelve(13?), i would start getting attacks, but since i also have asthma at first i couldnt tell the difference except that they felt worse and yet would pass faster and leave me extremely tired and ashamed that it was nothing serious even though i had to be taken to the emergency on maaaaaaaaany occassions(prob around20). Anyhow it wasnt about two years ago that i realized what it was. Why though is is that they only happen on my period, i experience anxiety arounf social situations but never panic attacks like these,and could this have anyhting to do with SA? Anyone with similar(any similararities) experiences?should i bring this up in my counseling at school?

Are the panic attacks triggered by periods or do they just happen around that time? Its feasible that someone's first ever period could cause a panic if she hadn't been made aware of menstruation and it was a total surprise.

alwaysrunning

i was fully aware that it was going to happen....and theve kept on happenning though not as often anymore and always at around that time....last one was about a a year ago.

Phoenixx

I tend to experience increased anxiety when I'm on my period too. I might be wrong about this, but I think it might have something to do with the change in hormone levels? Just a guess. I've always wondered why my anxiety seems higher when I'm on my period too.