Palmar Hyperhydrosis affecting my career

vlps

Hey guys. I am 22 years old and i would list my hyperhydrosis probably at a 4 on a scale from 1-10 (maybe less not sure how severe some people have it). Put it this way, my hands never drip, they just get moist when nervous, anxious, exercising, or in hot weather. At home when I am calm I do not sweat. My issue is I am trying to become a police officer and obviously it is life threatening if my hands sweat while on duty. What should I do? I am extremely depressed about it because I know that I otherwise have what it takes to become a police officer. I just started taking glycopyrrolate 2 days ago. First I took 1mg in the am and then 1mg around lunch yesterday. I guess I did sweat less overall but not 100%. Today I took 2mg in the am and was pretty dry up until 5 hours or so later around lunch time then the sweat came back. This is really frustrating but I think surgery might be my only option. I don't have the money for it right now so I'd have to ask my parents to help me out and they would just not understand why I would be spending money on surgery for this. This sucks.

Sprawling

You are good candidate for using an ionto machine. Read some of the recent back posts. You'll find lots of things you can try. At least your hands only get moist, not dripping. Odaban at night might do the trick. Don't even think about having surgery.

kylejdb

If you decide that you would like to try iontophoresis, I have a perfectly functioning MD-1a for sale on eBay. apparently you cant post external links on these forums, but if you go to eBay and search Iontophoresis you will find it. It's for sale for less than half the price of a new unit.

Jezza

Ionto might help you out. Don't have the surgery cause it's an archaic method with many drawbacks. There are the occasional few who are happy about it but if you're among the unlucky ones you'll be kicking yourself for the rest of your life for having it done, especially if whithin something like 10 years or so better treatments hit the market, which is a possibility as the interest in HH has been growing quite a bit in the last decade or so. It's irreversible (despite some claims to the contrary) and profoundly changes the way your body operates, not only in terms of sweating but also heart rate, blood circulation etc. You don't want to be running after thugs when your heart rate can't peak higher than 140 bpm anymore...

Sprawling

I agree with Jezza.

Success with surgery can not be determined correctly until after several years. It seems that the surgery sometimes can have a several year honeymoon period before the compensatory sweating really sets in.

mmok

Taking pills that affect the whole body when you only have 1 area that needs treatment does not sound good to me. have you read about botox injections? Its lasts anywhere from 3-12 months and is pretty much free of any permanent side effects.