Palmar HH - how common is it? Just a little anecdote for you

CharlesN

OK, just wanted to post something because I notice a lot of the younger people here seem despondent and even suicidal due to this affliction. Some find benefits in ionto, botox, topical applications or pills. Some don't and feel truly wretched about it. I get it. But let me pass along a little something I noticed about a month and a half ago.

My father passed from pancreatic cancer. At his funeral service, the immediate family lined up to shake the hands of the people that came to pay their respects. Approximately 250-300 people came that day. As my hands are now perpetually bone dry, I was able to notice that fully HALF the guests had at least mildly sweaty hands with some being very clammy (and if you lined them up I would have ZERO chance of pointing out which were which - cuz frankly - it didn't bother me in the least nor did it in any way matter or make a difference to me). Obviously, this is a bit of a weird thing to notice at your dad's funeral - but HH is and always will be a part of me and my consciousness. It came as a shock to me. I always assumed it was far less common. Not that sweating hands at a funeral is a sign of HH - I just mean the sweaty hand thing in general. It used to be I did all I could to avoid handshakes and also if I had to - I wouldn't notice even if the other person's hands were on fire since I was so self-conscious.

This is not to say that you have no reason to try to find a treatment that works for you. But just a little note to let you know it's maybe not quite as big a deal as you think. So maybe it's okay to go out - live a little. Sometimes shit happens - sometimes good things happen. That's life. Whatever you do - please don't give up.

Anyways good luck to you all,
Charles

Sprawling

When I first started ionto and my hands became dry, I noticed that many people have damp hands also. It was the weirdest experience to feel dampness from a dry hand perspective.

Thanks for sharing Charles