Out of Place

Kathryn

So I've started going to a university. All my life, I've never had any ACTUAL friends(I had childhood friends who didn't last long and were not what you would call friends, trust me).
So my new roommates seemed interested in me at first. I started feeling extremely inadequate when they got super close and started ignoring me whenever I was around. They have the same sense of humor, and whenever I force myself to laugh at whatever they laugh at, I feel like a piece of my soul dies. Their behavior makes me feel really insecure but I feel totally helpless in the situation.
I can't decide if it's just me, but my negativity against the world bleeds in to my deep hate for the human race in general. I can't help but hate everything in this meaningless existence, including myself. My brain is just a whole mess of chemical snakes that keep feeding me ****.
I want to be myself whenever I'm around people, but I don't even know who the hell I am as a person. I just feel like an it.
Whenever I'm around a bunch of people, all they talk about is ****. Stupid, meaningless ****. **** that won't even exist in ten years.
And no matter what I do, I'm always the different one. I'm the strange, boring one that no one wants to talk to. No one is like me...I'm completely and utterly alone. And no one gives a damn. Everyone is just so selfish, including myself. It can't be helped. We're all just a bunch of starved animals struggling to survive on this planet.
Most of my thought is just wasted on mere negativity, but my brain has nothing else to hold on to.

I can't bear the silence....there's a constant ringing in my ear that keeps me from focusing. My left ear is going deaf and no one cares. No one cared when I fell from the stairs and limped my way around campus. No one cared when I told my roommates about my social anxiety. It was alright to them, because they simply didn't give a damn. I've made myself vulnerable and they don't even care. I left a mysertious veil on my life's story by withholding information from them, and it's alright because they don't care. We all continue on with our worthless relationships with people because it makes us feel safe. As a result, we deny ourselves the relationships (&conversations) we really need in life.

Even when I'm on the ground, crying, pleading and groveling for some help, no one will give a single damn for my suffering. Every negative slice of pain is internalized so deeply that it doesn't show on the outside....nothing shows on my outside.
I always thought I'd overcome this anxiety and be extremely social someday, but now I've realized the awful truth....I'll always be the same, and people will always be indifferent to this fact.

I think about death ALL the time now, and it scares the **** out of me. My life has already gone by so fast, and ALL of it was submerged in a **** full of negative thoughts. It was all wasted....all of life is just wasted.. I don't understand why some people have better lives than other....none of it makes any sense. Nothing makes sense....everything is a paradox.

I don't know why I'm here on this planet, but I clearly don't belong here.

Last edited:

Confuseddd

sounds like me and you should hang out.. lol I am absolutely tired of hearing peoples pointless problems. "Ughh i cant believe that bitch said my purse was so last season" bla bla bla...

Kathryn

sounds like me and you should hang out.. lol I am absolutely tired of hearing peoples pointless problems. "Ughh i cant believe that bitch said my purse was so last season" bla bla bla...
yea...people are always talking about worthles **** all the time, so are we really missing out on THAT MUCH by not talking?

just wanna b normal

yea...people are always talking about worthles **** all the time, so are we really missing out on THAT MUCH by not talking?

its not that! its we need to interact with people dont yuo feel like when you go out! you release your stress! you r less stress full going out & having fun than staying at home bottling up all the stress!
maybe this will help --http://www.ehow.com/how_4749683_overcome-social-phobia.html:)

Last edited:

Confuseddd

You gotta find people you connect with is all. Me being a more intelectual person makes it more difficult to "connect" with everyone(nevermind the SA). I got a few friends who share the same interests as i do and understand the world on a higher level. I do understand what you are going through. Those feeling's that your alone? That no one really cares to take the time to understand you. It seems like everyone is caught up in there own life, and most people dont have the burden of anxiety weighing them down every where they go. Most people will never be able to fully understand, to "Them" we are overly emotional. If you do find someone who understands then your lucky. I have a best friend who has been there with me since day one, so while they are few and far in bewteen, they are out there. I feel for you, because i have been there. So stay strong with your struggle, and never lose hope because who knows what tomorow might bring? A friend maybe. :)

Tuco

I can relate to most of what you are saying:

I can't decide if it's just me, but my negativity against the world bleeds in to my deep hate for the human race in general. I can't help but hate everything in this meaningless existence, including myself. My brain is just a whole mess of chemical snakes that keep feeding me ****.
I want to be myself whenever I'm around people, but I don't even know who the hell I am as a person. I just feel like an it.
Whenever I'm around a bunch of people, all they talk about is ****. Stupid, meaningless ****. **** that won't even exist in ten years.
And no matter what I do, I'm always the different one. I'm the strange, boring one that no one wants to talk to. No one is like me...I'm completely and utterly alone. And no one gives a damn. Everyone is just so selfish, including myself. It can't be helped. We're all just a bunch of starved animals struggling to survive on this planet.

I always thought I'd overcome this anxiety and be extremely social someday, but now I've realized the awful truth....I'll always be the same, and people will always be indifferent to this fact.

I think about death ALL the time now, and it scares the **** out of me. My life has already gone by so fast, and ALL of it was submerged in a **** full of negative thoughts. It was all wasted....all of life is just wasted.. I don't understand why some people have better lives than other....none of it makes any sense. Nothing makes sense....everything is a paradox.

I don't know why I'm here on this planet, but I clearly don't belong here.

I try to keep these negative thoughts out of my mind by reading a lot, listening to music, working out or watching movies I like, but eventually these thoughts come back to make me feel miserable again. So sometimes I feel fine, but the next moment I could be feeling like crap, wanting only to die. I think we have to keep our minds occupied, which is why I feel bad mostly on weekends when I am not working; it's a funny thing, because on week days I can't wait for the weekend to arrive.