Optimism: The "Missing" Ingredient to Overcoming SA?

Anubis

I've learned an incredible amount of helpful information from the many posters who come here. From NewPoster's analysis of "Brain Fog" to SickJoke's many posts (and many others). But even though I logically understood the premise of curing SA, none of it was really improving my life. Until today. I came across this book and everything changed.

amazonoptimism.jpg

After reading this book, I quickly realized that the reason why I was having close to 0% success with self-help articles was because I was being pessimistic as hell about my actual chances of overcoming SA. I would read tons of self-help articles and I would get epiphany after epiphany, but before I could actually apply the information to my life, my thought-process would fill up with doubts and I would want to crawl back in my little hole and do nothing. This book does a beautiful job of describing this common pitfall. It also explains the significant differences between the lives of optimistic and pessimistic people. It's jaw-dropping and it really convinced me to give optimism a shot. And after changing my mindset for 2-3 days, I never felt better.

This book should be in most libraries, but if your choices are limited, here's a link to the full audio book.

Audio Book

Self-Assessment Booklet

SickJoke

Haven't read the book, but optimism is definitely necessary for self improvement, thanks for the recommendation.

Anubis

No problem. :)

Also, if you don't feel like listening to the audio book, try to at least give the self-assessment test a shot (2nd link). You'll be surprised at the results.

I got a -7 composite score, which is insanely pessimistic.