Opinionated, Topical, Gay-Related Anxiety Forum

Brijess

I hate the gay scene. I tried to be a part of it, and made a fool of myself. My boyfriend didn't love me, I couldn't handle the drugs or the alcohol, and I was pretty much the comedic entertainment for everyone when I tried to dance on the gogo box. They spoon-fed my confidence with lies so they could use me and hurt me. Nobody tried to help.

I was oblivious to my stupidity because I was trying so hard to look confident. With social anxiety, confidence will not prevail.

I feel like the "Gay Scene" is all about fake confidence in who you are just to attract as much attention as you can from every guy you want to ****. Everyone ****s each other, every one loves each other, and yet they all hate each other just as much.

In every scene, not just the gay scene, I have noticed this trend.

For the past years gay rights have been sky rocketing as topical discussion like never before, and I think this inflated the ego a little too much for the gay community.

This whole generation is like that. Huge ego and no substance holding it together.

With social anxiety, I will never fit in to the "Gay Scene". I'm just too awkward, and I don't give a **** about Lady Gaga.

I've been ranting with no direction, really. Thoughts, opinions, arguements?

I feel like the gay community is giving itself reason to be shameful. Yet, a large percentage of these scene fanatics do not fear shame. Class has gone straight out the door and left behind a party of idiots drunk on confidence.

That's how I feel.

I'm not gay, but I agree with you. Especially about this generation having a huge ego but nothing behind it. Lack of good character and strong values.

Brijess

Why would you want to be part of that scene?

I tried because I am gay and I felt the need to be supportive of my own "group". But I realized it's not about gay rights anymore, but about being a stupid, self-absorbed bitch with a loose grip on reality and morals. So, I decided scenes are not for me and I should be happy being with myself.

I'm just upset that my own "community" has lost sense of what pride means.