On Vacation.

4seasons

I'm here in Orlando right now with my Dad, 2 step sisters, my sister, and step Mom and I have absolutely no anxiety. At first i had a little because i haven't seen any of them in almost a year but it went away. We have gone to like 5 theme parks and i can walk threw crowds and stuff without feeling awkward. I bought a drink today from the vender and i was very friendly. I have no idea what it is but i feel like a normal person and i hope I'm the same way when i get home. Anyone else have another experience like this? Its weird. Maybe its the sun or the fact I'm on vacation and away from work and not as stressed.

Caseums21

I feel the same exact way when I go on vacation. I'm not exactly sure why but it's a great feeling. I'm glad that you don't have any anxiety while on vacation and hopefully it helps you when you get home.

When I went on vacation about a month ago, I didn't have any anxiety until I got about a hour away from my house and I started to have panic attacks. It could be from stress, like you said.

slimjim119

I feel better when I get away from home. Whether it be a vacation or just for the day. I still have SA in crowded places but it improves. I think because our minds are focusing on something else and your doing something you enjoy. It really helps to change a boring routine once in a while. Our minds are diverted to something other than our problems.

recluse

I've just come back from a short break, and i felt quite confident as i travelled alone and had to use my initiative and i felt proud of myself. Now i feel down in the dumps again.

scorpion

The only time i feel absolutely in peace is when i am traveling.
I was born to travel around the world and do nothimg else, its a complete sence of freedom, no worries.
The probelm is i have to work to eat :x , thats crap, but I have faith I will win euromilions. :lol:

4seasons

Thanks for the replies. I love traveling. Just being able to see new/different stuff. We made a stop over in Toronto for a couple days and i loved it there, i think i might make a move out there when i get my life straightened out.

4seasons

Got home last night. I was actually surprised how fast my anxiety and depression set back in. ne of my bags went missing so i had to talk to this girl at the air port and she couldn't even understand what i was saying. I couldn't look her in the eyes either. I'm not looking forward to work tonight.

Iseesky

Yes, I have experienced your feeling. It's great! I've thought of going to university in a foreign country in hopes that it would help me socialize better. The only thing is, is I don't want to be stuck in Australia, alone, in a cramped apartment because the stress of being away from home made my SA worse. :( Anyone ever tried this? Or even just gone away on your own for awhile? What happened with your SA. Was it better, worse, not affected? I don't mean with family, I mean on your own :)