OMG i called a girl!

rko74

Recently i got a message from this girl on the plentyoffish dating site i decided to join for fun.She said she lived in the same town as me and just wanted to say hi.I chatted with her on msn messenger a bit as she gave me her msn contact info.She seems nice and likes video games like i do, and loves movies too.I mentioned i worked in sobeys, and she said she came in one day with her roomie.I guess i missed her, but i sent her a message suggesting maybe we meet up or hang out at the mall.She sent me an email back with her phone number! I decided to give her a call about five minutes ago, i asked her hows she doing.She recently lost her job and has more freetime etc.She has a pet mouse called squeekers and i asked how the mouse is doing lol.So i said once i get my next work schedule i will let her know on weekend when im free.I mentioned im from Ireland and asked her if she could her my accent and she said yeah.I said im pretty quiet and shy haha, and she said yeah you sound quiet and that isnt a bad thing.

I hope she wont hate me cause of my social anxiety, she doesnt have any friends in St Albert.I thought maybe i could be her friend or whatever haha.

How do i approach her and stuff? With my social anxiety etc

LeapFrog

This wont help you at all but I start my job at Sobeys tommorow as a fishmonger! lol. How do you approach her? Well if you both have enough chemistry and in common you'll be fine for sure. Leave your SA at the door as you leave.

scatmantom

thats great news. i hope you have a great time. You dont have to tell her about your anxiety straight away. You never know this may help your anxiety alot!

Layla

yay! you have a date! that's great. I agree, dont mention your SA. Be confident in yourself and the conversation will just flow.

dzerklis

sorry for using someone elses topic but jesus christ im meeting a girl from a dating site tomorrow at 7pm, my god i hope she has sp cos if not im gona die there!!! but she doesnt look and seem sp at all, what are the chances shell be sp, 1-3 perecents cool i have a chance, im in shockk!!!!! i cant hide my sp, im not able to talk and make eye contact with strangers what i am gonna do :cry: :cry: :cry:

jayo

Visualise of all this going perfectly in your own mind first.

I'm sure it'll go well!!

LA-girl

Keep in mind that even though she might not have SP you will probably be just fine and sometimes it might even be beneficial if she is not that shy. Maybe she is the kind of person that loves to be the center of attention so that the spot-light will be on her and not so much on you. Or if she is very shy, then she will probably be just as nervous as you and have her concern about her own behaviour rather than yours. Either way, she will probably not even notice that you are nervous at all...
Good luck Dzerk!!! :D

dzerklis

LA-girl said:
Keep in mind that even though she might not have SP you will probably be just fine and sometimes it might even be beneficial if she is not that shy. Maybe she is the kind of person that loves to be the center of attention so that the spot-light will be on her and not so much on you. Or if she is very shy, then she will probably be just as nervous as you and have her concern about her own behaviour rather than yours. Either way, she will probably not even notice that you are nervous at all...
Good luck Dzerk!!! :D

thankyou LA-girl! I'll try to keep my mind busy, smile and be friendly. i can do it i can do it anyone could do it.