Ok.. school starts in August 6-12.. Im freaking out

Asphyxiatedragoon

Okay, so yesterday my dad told me to go to regular public high school instead of online public high school. I agreed because I have to face my fear of being anxious of people. I didn't sleep last night what so ever. I had nausea I was breathing hard. I had to take a knee. (That one movie.. with Will Smith..anyone seen it?) I was near a panic attack.. I'm scared. I am really terrified of going back to public school. Im scared but I don't even know what is causing me such horror. I don't know what it is I am scared of?! :'( sigh .. I will just have to show up and not give a **** of this anxiety. Sorry for my language.. I need advice. Public school is big, filled with people I don't know, I'm entering all alone as a Junior, fml.

NeverAlone

Have you told your Dad about your feelings?
Maybe there's something the school could do to make it easier for you.
Your scared because it's something very out of the ordinary and that is very normal.

jaim38

You should have a talk with your dad. Find out why you are afraid of going to public school. I took online classes too because I was scared of the bullying. I think online high school is a good option if it helps you with your issues. There's no shame in taking online classes. If you want to practice your social skills, you could do so during the weekends like when you go out shopping, hanging with friends, etc. Do whatever works for you.

surewhynot

Try to look at it in a positive light. The very fact that there are so many people should be comforting : you can just blend in and no one will overly notice you. Going to a big public school is very nice because of that, most people don't even know who you are, so why feel anxious?

Try and spot some people in your classes that seem friendly, and sit next to them if you can. Try and engage conversation if you are comfortable doing so, or let them do it if otherwise. School is a great place to practice social interaction. You'll most likely meet quite a few people through team projects.

Of course, joining a school club or something like that would be really awesome, though it's not easy for everyone (I've never been able to do it). Starting in a new school is a great experience filled with many opportunities. Some days will most likely be harder than others, but life has always been a crazy roller-coaster.

All in all, the best advice I can give you is to keep an optimistic mind : it's never as bad as it looks. Good luck :)

Asphyxiatedragoon

..Thanks you guys. I have told my dad about this. I have emotional issues and other mental health issues going on for over a year.. I don't have any friends. I left them, they left me ha.. I'm very scared of bullying. I think it's because I'm afraid of being noticed badly. I want everyone to think I'm sweet and cool to be around. I hope I can be optimistic. Again.. thanks guys.

Slytherin88

Sorry, but that is life. Starting a new school is like this for everyone, until you find your niche, your new friends and where you fit in.

I am starting at a school in East London full of 1200 people I don't know. Am I anxious? F*** yes. But I have to deal with it, coz that's life and I need a pay cheque.

jaim38

..Thanks you guys. I have told my dad about this. I have emotional issues and other mental health issues going on for over a year.. I don't have any friends. I left them, they left me ha.. I'm very scared of bullying. I think it's because I'm afraid of being noticed badly. I want everyone to think I'm sweet and cool to be around. I hope I can be optimistic. Again.. thanks guys.

I have the same fears too. I wish I had an invisible cloak with me. Bullies tend to pick on quiet, shy people because they know they're not assertive enough to fight back. I'm scared of giving people my name because if something bad were to happen, rumors spread and everyone would know my name. But being anonymous means people refer to me by my physical characteristics, or they call me "that stupid girl". If they knew my name, they can associate my name with "stupid girl" which is even worse. So I really hesitate to introduce myself to people out of fear that they will turn against me later.