Offline Group Meeting

jaim38

I have SA and I'm agoraphobic. I've been taking online classes for several years now. When I have to work in groups, my team members and I use the discussion board forum (and sometimes chat) to collaborate on group work. We did everything online.
But this semester, I have to work in a group with 4 other guys and I'm the only girl. The guys wanted to meet up physically at the school, probably next week. I am nervous. I haven't done face to face group meetings in a very long time. I'm also not comfortable in situations where I am the only girl/minority around. Many years ago, I took several computer science classes (not online) before and the guys were pretty rude to me.
Any tips or advice?

Have you interacted with the others online yet, so that you have an idea as to what they are like? Meeting people face to face can cause a lot of anxiety, plus, reading your other post, I can understand your nervousness with this.

jaim38

Yes, I have interacted with them online, and they seem like straightforward people. I just don't see why we have to meet offline because this group project can be done entirely online. Plus, there's Skype, Google+, IM, and other technologies for team communication.