Ochlophobia or Social Phobia?

toto

Do you think you suffer from ochlophobia (morbid fear of crowds) or pure unadulterated social phobia?

gsmax5

Do you think you suffer from ochlophobia (morbid fear of crowds) or pure unadulterated social phobia?

Social Phobia (I guess), though I do fear conversations in crowds more than personal ones ( just because I never really get to talk, and just sit there like an idiot not knowing what to say or fearing that my voice will sound bad).

It's socialization with anyone that I'm afraid of though, not just in large crowds.

powerfulthoughts

Usually multiple phobias overlap. It's because anxiety all stems from the same root, and many branches can form. You can have the social phobia branch, the ocd branch, the fear of crowds branch, the scopophobia branch, etc, etc. There is no limit to how many branches can grow if you don't take active steps to cut them down and, eventually get to the very root of the anxiety tree.

Chrysalis

Social Phobia & probably alongside it, Ochlophobia at times - perhaps they work in twisted conjunction together to add to a person's already fragile mental state?

:p