OCD while asleep

OCDavid

I don't remember it happening a long time ago, but of recent I have dreams where I'm sure my OCD is involved. The dreams are unpleasant, and involve doing some compulsion to get rid of a negative. The compulsions are typical OCD ones and I may continue them for quite some time. Anyone else experience this?

getbornagain

Absolutely. I have dreams all the time where I experience the exact same thoughts/spikes as I do during the day. Roll with the punches, don't let it affect you. Dreams mean nothing.

LadyWench

I have OCD with hypochondria, so I'm constantly worrying about my health. I also compulsively check things on my body to make sure I'm okay, and blah blah. You get the idea.

Most of my dreams are actually nightmares and they often involve my health. I've always had this morbid fear of vomiting/coughing up blood, having rectal bleeding, etc. I get nightmares of things like that actually happening. I dream other scary things, too. Last night was particularly horrifying for me. And as I was worrying in the dream and fretting, I was also doing my regular OCD crap. Blah, this is long and stupid...but I think you get my point. If I have one. Yes, I think I do my OCD stuff while asleep. And it's sad because I would at least like some stress relief when unconscious, but that doesn't even happen.