OCD, Musical Hallucinations and Photographic Memory

yzz

Hi I have OCD and I get musical hallucinations. It makes sense to say the they're connected somehow in that they do similar things to their victims. Musical hallucinations is when you have a song stuck in your head, VERY CLEARLY, that does not go away. It interferes with everything you do, I can't even read sometimes because the music destroys my concentration. Sometimes I hear the ice cream truck in my head even though its not outside. I don't listen to music anymore. Between that and the OCD I feel often that I'm losing my mind. I get intensely angry and the only thing that alleviates it is lifting weights.

Anyway, my question is as follows: A few years back I was studying and I really wanted to absorb the information. My OCD kicked in, and even when I closed the book the information just kept repeating itself in my head, from when I went to sleep til I got up, non-stop I would see over and over again the picture of the text I was studying. I eventually developed a form of photographic-memory, I remembered almost exactly the pages of the book I studying, I know about every page for 30 pages, down to the page number and line! It gradually went away, I don't know why.

Does anyone know how to PROGRAM their OCD/Musical hallucinations to non-stop repeat specific information?

YZZ

Last edited:

Apersonalan

I think it's because you keep working your brain over with the ocd. Think of it as your brain as a muscle and your simply working it out the more you work out the more your brain can hold.

Having a photographic memory is an impressive thing you say you can hear the music clearly but most people when they hear music replaying in their head it's a certain line and not all instruments and sound can be heard exactly the same way as you describe. I think you just have quite a brain storage. Ocd can also improve memory with focus.

TheSanctuarian

Question: do you find that you can remember or recall the information either quickly or in great detail due to the repetitiveness?

pakistan

I get the same musical hallucinations too.. but its completely random and in occurrence and song

yzz

Question: do you find that you can remember or recall the information either quickly or in great detail due to the repetitiveness?

Yes, very quickly. Sometimes even overnight, the next day I would be able to see the picture of the page in my head. It's hard to explain, but as I'm going to bed or doing anything for that matter, I feel as though the information is on a constant loop, I'm not even thinking about it in detail, it's just there in the background looping over and over again.

This hasn't happened for some time. I don't understand how to trigger it.

Last edited:

TheSanctuarian

You only seem to see the curses in it, if you accept it it can be a brilliant weapon, as learning seems to be very easy due to your memory (I believe its called eidetic memory?)