OCD in dream!?

dixiegirl

Has anyone had dreams where in their dream, they are in a situation which spikes their OCD and they are ruminating or doing their compulsions????

Sleep used to be my only savior from this and now I can't ever get away from it!

Noca

Banned
I throw up in my dreams, and I have nightmares which arent scary but are painfully boring. Every dream is vivid and my mind hasn't had a rest in over 4 years. My drugs cause this.

getbornagain

Totally. This is 100% normal and you should not let this affect you in any way. My OCD spills over into my dreams all the ****in time. I will do the same ruminating and worrying I do in every day life.... Try and remember that even moreso than your OCD thoughts, dreams are collections of random ass thoughts and scenarios that mean absolutely nothing. It is common for people to misunderstand their dreams and take them as warning or signs or whatever, playing directly into the OCDs hands. Remember your dreams mean NOTHING. Carry on.

dixiegirl

Thanks getbornagain.

You know I actually felt sort of relieved when I woke up. See in my dream, I was sort of facing my fear/my obsession. Although I was ruminating and checking in the dream, it was the closest I'd ever gotten to exposure. I'd still prefer to steer clear of these dreams though, because I still had to ruminate about it that morning after I woke up.

durda_dan

yes, but recently i have had some sleeptalking sleep-awake scenario's where i talk to my girlfriend and get angry because she doesn't understand what i am talking about, i don't remember this until she tells me the next morning and i kinda piece it together with my dreaming. kinda like this

the man in front has a watch
-what?
the man in front of you has a watch
-what man?
the man in front
-what are you talking about
he has a watch
-who has a watch
THE MAN IN FRONT OF YOU HAS A WATCH
- i don't understand
there is a man in front of you, on his hand he was a watch
-there is no man
if you don't understnad i am not going to talk to you
(then i turn around and go to sleep again)

i am constantly worried this will cause me to do bad things and not realise until the morning what i did. it's scary to think what if i hurt her in my sleep.... would sleeping pills stop that?

Dudley

Not actually OCD in a dream, but last night I had a dream that my mother and I got into an argument. My response was that I'm stressed out over everything. She didn't believe me so I started to say "Do you know what it's like to count and repeat and check everything you do?" I was about to say "Mom, I have OCD" and of course, I woke up (she does not know in real life). Kind of made me feel like crap to think that I couldn't even tell someone I care about in a dream.