OCD and sex

OCDavid

I'm starting this thread because I'm really interested to see if my experience matches others or is unusual for OCD. I have found sexual activity really helps my OCD. Generally I have to get to orgasm for it to really help. How much an orgasm helps is dependent on what medication I'm on. The higher the dose of medication the better it is at reducing anxiety levels after. I found that Clomipramine was better than Mirtazapine in the effect it would have. On a high dose of Clomipramine though getting to orgasm was difficult, when I did it would normally just about obliterate my OCD for several hours after. I could go from having OCD thoughts most of the time to almost never for several hours after getting to orgasm. After about six hours the effect would gradually wear off and my OCD would get worse. Mirtazapine doesn't have the same protective effect, as immediately after orgasm my OCD dominates, though not as much.

OCDavid

If I were able to have at least two orgasms a day on a high dose of clomipramine it would pretty much destroy my OCD. That's impossible through masturbating (unless I were to spend more than an hour a day masturbating!) and while it would be possible with sex because of my religious beliefs that isn't an option at the moment.

OCDavid

One thing I'd also like to mention is that how well I was on clomipramine was not connected linear to the dosage. One might think that the higher the dosage the more well I was. I went up to 10 at maximum, yet I went down to 2 and my OCD was slightly better than on 10 and far better than on 8. The reason for this is related to controlling my OCD through sexual means. On 2 sexual side effects were minimal and I could have two or three orgasms a day. This resulted in me being more well than having zero or one orgasms a day on 10. It was my idea to go down to 2 from 10 and it worked. In fact being on 2 worked better than it normally would have because of going down from 10. Because of having little sensitivity before it seemed I was more sensitive than usual on 2 and had sexual abilities I did not previously have.

OCDavid

After this I had the idea that if I went off medication altogether I would have better sexual capabilities and could treat myself by having a few orgasms a day. This proved a huge failure, and in retrospect I could have known. The lower the dose of clomipramine the less masturbating helped. It was only in conjunction with medication that sexual means would really help. On no medication an orgasm had only a small effect. Very soon if not immediately after masturbating my OCD was bad. I was having 3-4 orgasms a day but was still very unwell. My sexual abilities were incredible, I suspect because of a rebound effect after having so little sensitivity before.

Cal

I'm no expert on medications or illnesses for that matter, but I think using sexual release as a means of making symptoms subside temporarily is a bad idea, for it may lead to sexual addiction if you don't have any other physical outlets or activities to put your energy into.

You seem to know what you're doing though, and that's your business, not mine. ;)

PennyLane

Ummm I know nothing so I probably shouldn't even comment, but hey im going to.. it sounds like you are just making orgasms part of the OCD. Will u not just end up obsessed/addicted as Cal says to them?