Obscenely nervous right now...

Hello future friends…
For some reason, the notion of posting on this site has caused me more anxiety than I have experienced in many other real-life social situations. I fear that if I cannot even fit in with people who are like myself and share the same insecurities and challenges that I do, then where else can I possibly belong?
However, I have decided to embrace this anonymity and dive head first into my fears. I now can only hope that I don’t drown in the process.

I suppose that I should share a little bit about myself…

- I am a girl
- I am 19
- I have had social anxiety for as long as I can remember
- I live in – and love – Canada (although I secretly wish I lived in England)
- I am half Swiss
- I am in the midst of a horrible cold and wish that it would leave
- I am a binge reader
- I honestly don’t think I could survive without music
- If it were possible to marry inanimate objects, then I would marry tea. Or samosas.
- I am vegan
- I prefer animals to humans
- If I was resourceful enough, I would live in the wilderness
- I dream of one day becoming a published writer, although the thought of anyone else reading my writing makes me physically ill
- I have lurked on this website for about a year now (Kinda creepy, right?) and I think that you are all extra-wonderful!:)

Square_Eyes

Welcome to the forum!

And don't worry, I'm quite sure the majority of us here were all serial lurkers at one stage or another. :)

T!GER

I was feeling the same when I was writing my introduction, had to re-write it numerous times.

Just to reply to this post took me like forever to write lol....

mrb

you say you would marry tea ? may i ask would that be with sugar or without sugar lol :D

mrb

and hey i like animals more than humans ........ guess most people on here do ..

Thanks everyone for your kind words of welcome!

I was feeling the same when I was writing my introduction, had to re-write it numerous times.

Just to reply to this post took me like forever to write lol....

Well, I'm glad you decided to reply. No matter how long it took you to write, it still brightened my day to see that people read and related to my post!

you say you would marry tea ? may i ask would that be with sugar or without sugar lol :D

haha, definitely without sugar. A cup of Earl Grey with some soy milk is enough to turn a bad day around.

You seem like an interesting person. The part about the tea got me.

What kind of stories do you like to write? Of course you have no obligation to answer my question if you feel uncomfortable about it.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Welcome.

I would love to answer your question, the only problem is that I don't really know how. I just kind of write whatever I feel, and I don't think it falls into any particular genre. I usually focus on the characters, and the story of their lives just kind of falls into place after that.
I mostly write short stories, but I also like to think that I can write poetry and have been mostly compelled to write poems as of late.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I think we share a lot in common, particularly about the published writing. I'm glad that you could make an introduction, I didn't push myself enough to start a thread when I joined.
Welcome to the forums~

It's taken me ten minutes just to post this.