Nowruz

Ehsan

Have you ever heard about Nowruz? If not, it's somthing similar to christmas. in my country new year starts at the first day of spring. there is about 2 weeks holiday almost everywhere for Nowruz.
everyone completely cleans his/her house and everything in it before Nowruz and purchase new clothes and flowers for new year.

in nowruz everyone goes to see his/her relatives, friends and neighbours so there are many many parties in every house along with any types of sweets, confectionaries, nuts, fruits ...
the only problem is that Nowruz is a very lovely good time for everyone but not for me. I can estimate that about 100 persons come to our home during several days but i can't stand so many parties with someone i haven't seen since last year.
several years ago Nowruz was a horrible nightmare for me. these days it's easier for me to handle it but still i have many problems with it.
omg, i don't know why every good thing turns horrible with SP.

bleach

Banned
Try to look at this as an opportunity. Avoiding people only feeds your SA's strength. Facing the fear will dull the anxious feelings for the future, give you more experience socializing, and give you a dose of confidence to start the new year! The long-term advantages will far outweigh the short-term relief of avoidance.

Incidentally, in which part of iran do you live?

bleach

Banned
Of course! Well, I've never been there but yes, I know about it. Definitely got to visit there some day, it looks beautiful.

Ehsan

Of course! Well, I've never been there but yes, I know about it. Definitely got to visit there some day, it looks beautiful.
happy to hear your comment about Isfahan.
hope to see you here some day.
of course when i've beaten SP.:)

Ehsan

happy nowruz to you too,
as i said before, nowruz starts at the first day of spring but nowruz holidays starts several days before it and continues up to 5th day of new year. however holidays for schools, universities and many non governmental businesses continues up to 13th day of new year when nowruz ends with a overall picnic in nature called "sizda be dar".

Last edited:

gsmax5

This is kind of late, but happy Norouz.

Norouz is truly a great holiday, it used to be that former kings of nations the Shah conquered would bring him gifts on this day :D

Last edited: