No matter how much good I do I still hurt inside

dannyboy65

For the past month I've been trying my best to be less selfish. I've been doing so much good and I a lot of good things have been happening to me. I'll give you the scoop.

I started to hangout with a guy my age and he also has autism, except he doesn't have any friends or get out of the house. So I try and see him every weekend.

I also am now a year smoke free which is a major achievement. Then 2 days later I finally got my license after being in driver's ed for 3 years.

I have also been going out of my way to help my good friend out of his depression and giving him moral support. Hell he's been taking my advice and is becoming a lot happier.

Last thing and I would have to say this is the one I'm most proud of is at the autism foundation I'm a part of there is a guy that has severe autism. He can't speak in sentences, he has trouble with basic motor skills, and has to be constantly watched. Ever since I met him I've been treating him how I would treat a normal person and I call him my friend. Today I was personally asked by his worker if I could fit time into my schedule so I can hangout with him one on one and have guy time.

She told me how he really likes having me around. He always tries to get my attention and loves to communicate with me, even though he communicates differently I understand him. Also he displays his ultimate trust in me he gives me hugs. Not awkward ones but he does it to show he cares and it means a lot that I mean something to him.

You're probably wondering why I have this in the depression section, because those are all major achievements and I should be proud. Don't get me wrong I am proud. It's just I'm still always feeling depressed, I personally do like helping people and making them feel good. I just wish I could figure out what makes me happy. I'm picking up a lot of new things. I'm also starting new habits and trying to change for the good.

I just am fed up with it. I used to always have problems and I would never be happy but I was being bullied, or breaking up with someone. But now everything is going great and I'm still stressed and depressed. I just want to find out what makes me happy. It's so confusing honestly, sorry if I sound whiny I just been feeling blue.

F0AM

You sir are an excelent person with an incredible task! can't say about your happiness, but surely you're helping others reaching theirs and maybe, just like them, someone can help you finding it.
I really really wish that someday you achieve it!