no drive

Raptor

Im a 20 year old dude going to school and working full time, so im busy-ish. Over the last few years Ive battled staying motivated to do anything though due to depression caused by SA. I got put on depression/SA meds to help and set myself goals in life like training in mma and learning guitar but i still find myself feeling hopeless and unmotivated still. I suppose its because I'm lonely. I make friends slowly and they are usually busy so I just sit at home doing my antisocial interest. And every girl ive tried with seems to just go out of their way to lead me on. So I guess between lack of strong friendships and the emotional abuse from women, I start feeling worthless, depressed and unmotivated. This is ruining my life because I get nowhere in life and stop doing the things I love. Is there any way to overcome this feeling of worthlessness and loneliness?

Richey

well i'd say you are doing very well, i mean at the very least you arn't sitting back being idle, you are occupying your time and you are even approaching girls, i'd say you are normal and possibly doing alot better then many people at your young age of twenty. i think you just need a bit more confidence in your solitary moments to keep motivated in that state.

Raptor

Thanks for the input. Your probably right, and I cant speak enough praises to the meds im on. I went from dodging the eye sight of others to walking up and talking to 'em, so props to my doctor :)

well i'd say you are doing very well, i mean at the very least you arn't sitting back being idle, you are occupying your time and you are even approaching girls, i'd say you are normal and possibly doing alot better then many people at your young age of twenty. i think you just need a bit more confidence in your solitary moments to keep motivated in that state.

QFT.

I think you're doing a fantastic job--everyone has moments where they feel unmotivated, and with depression it's worse because you can't help but wonder if it's the depression coming back or if you're just having an off day.

I might have read it wrong and you're ALWAYS feeling hopeless, etc., and if that's the case you're still doing the right thing. Just don't give up, keep trying and keep looking for whatever it is that will keep you going.

Fighter86

I second this and totally agree. I am sort of in the same situation as you, except I don't go on dates at all, and don't particularly have any significant hobbies. But doing something helps, at least, we are moving forward, how do I say this...in terms of your relationship with the opposite sex, your friendships etc might still be a struggle, but you are still very much moving forward because you are getting yourself an education, and supporting yourself/saving money because you work as well. Say 2 years have passed, and you might or might not still struggle with SA stuff like worthlessness and hopelessness, but let's not forget you could have graduated then, so you would have a degree and probably savings and that certainly is concrete proof you are moving on in life. I feel quite completely hopeless like you do really, but I tell myself I at least have a job and am trying to build up some savings for future plans I have. I plan to do back to school, and its going to be incredibly expensive, but most importantly, I don't know how am I ever going to sit in a lecture hall filled with my other peers (due to SA), but I carry on working anyway to save for that day, at least I'm doing something and have a goal in sight. Kudos to you, keep up the good work, and keep going!