Nice to see an ad for a cult on here...

StonedBob

Hi, as I wrote on the chat, we cannot blame SPW for that because SPW doesn't choose its ads.
For people that believe scientology is a religion like the others, here is a nice website : Operation Clambake - The Inner Secrets Of Scientology
You will learn, among others, that scientology became a religion (that was not the case at the begining) because L. R. Hubbard had problems with I.R.S. (by becoming a religion, he had no more taxes to pay).

decadeOfSA

But anyway, we cannot blame SPW for these ads.

They can pull the ads. Shortly after I became afflicted with SA, I saw a copy of Dianetics in a store. I didn't know exactly what it was. I just remember seeing ads on t.v. all the time. Anyway, I started reading it and a lot of it sounded like psychotherapy techniques. Later I found out there are people around the world in this cult that preach this stuff and brainwash you into doing certain things(like giving them all your money, etc). I was seeing a psychotherapist at the time. I mentioned the book to him and he warned me that Scientology was a cult and told me about his brother getting involved in this cult and all the bad things about it. I immediately trashed the book. I almost hooked up with a local member of this "cult". Luckily my therapist told me the truth in time.

decadeOfSA

what are the chances of that happening if people are clicking the ads i dont think they'd give a rats about it , anyone who has a site is only in it for one thing and thats money

Probably right, judging from the recent re-design of this site with ads more prominent. We'll see though. I'd like to see the ad removed. There are some other ads that I don't really like either, but when I saw the Dianetics ad, I was thinking about finding a new board, because advertising a cult is not right.

Some sites have ads just to pay for hosting, etc. and some sites are clearly in it for the $$. This site seems like it's for the latter.

dpr

Dianetics(scientology)

Pray on the weak....

I know. It's pretty sad. This reminds me of a martial arts forum I used to be a part of. The whole site was dedicated to dispelling the myths and bogusness of martial arts. They did articles on bogus schools that teach ineffective techniques just to make a quick buck (also known as McDojos).

The funny thing about this site was that in between each forum posts they had Google Ads for all sorts of schools that I knew fully well were McDojos! Also, ads for books on ineffective styles and techniques were displayed all over the site much like the Dianetics and "Be Popular" ads that are now all over this site.

When I pointed this out, and suggested this would blur the message of the site and may even cause newcomers to believe that we ENDORSE these schools and books, the response from the webmaster and others was... "Hey, we gotta make money." There were many members who donated regularly, but I guess that wasn't enough.

My question to the webmaster of both of these sites is that if the site supposedly means so much to you, how about checking your own pocket?

Last edited:

StonedBob

frozentoy_rocks3.jpg

:D Ah ah ah, where do you find so funny images?