New Year's Eve - meeting people (need some advice)

*Amy*

Well, I'm not very fond of talking about my personal life and particular problems on this forum, but anyway, I don't think there is anyone I know here, so there it goes:

Tomorrow it's New Year's Eve. On the past years I would normally go to see some of my parent's friends, and their children, who are my age. We had dinner, welcomed the new year, then the children would go to a disco or to some party, while my sister and I went back home and spent the night there, talking, playing board games or watching movies. Not that I disliked that, but I hated the fact of telling others: "No, I'm not going to a disco with my friends like you" (because I don't have any friends/because I don't like discos/whatever reason).
Now, this year I have the chance (and well, I've accepted) to go to a friend's house, have dinner there, then go to the city centre and have some fun. The thing is (not everything is that fine) she will probably introduce me to a group of friends she has and whom I don't know. Worst of all, she wants to introduce me to some guy she wants to match me with and... oh, God...::(: So, my question is, what can I talk about with them (and with him)? I don't know them, I don't have anything in common with them... Well, maybe I don't get to know them in the end, but I'm afraid anyway::(:

If you could please give me some advice on the matter, I'd be really grateful :)

Thanks for reading and understanding:D

divethruhaze

Congratz on having accepted the invite!
Listen to what they talk about, laugh at their jokes, smile.

It's new year's eve! So, some easy conversation topics could be:
How they spent their christmas?
Any good gifts this year?
Any good resolutions this year?
Comments on the decorations/events in the city.

And pick up on anything they answer and build the rest of the conversation on it. Btw, be prepared to answer these questions yourself.

sunboy400

Just relax,smile all the time even if the joke ain't funny and be your self.Dont put extra pressure on yourself everything would be okay.