new to this site

johnny 85

hi all, my names johnny and im liven in co tipp. ive had SA for 4 years now but i only properly found out what was wrong with me a few months ago. i did nt bother going to my doctor about it because i thought i could get rid of it by myself but i know now im gonna need to get some help and i was wondering what the treatments are for this and how successful they are ?? johnny !!

Hey Johnny.
Tipp eh?! We're neighbours then! :p (Limerick)
Only found out I had it a few weeks ago myself thanks to my amazing friend (a tipp girl).
Had it all my life so you can imagine how hard its been!

Bet it feels brilliant knowin' yer not the only one goin thru this shite!

Went to St. Annes in Limerick last week and found out theyve classes for it there - but you've to get your GP to refer you.
Ugh.... waiting rooms... :(

I've a cognitive behavioural therapy series but it involves a LOT of commitment. I hear its great once you put the work in though.

Apart from that i dont know anything around your area that will be of any help but if you find out, let me know!

-Char-

For Real... Are you drunk again?!
haha he meant Tipp as in Tipperary - its a county in Ireland.
Limerick is right next to it! xD

Oh and just for the record - if you ren for president I'd totally rig the elections so you'd win!

FOR REAL

Banned
For Real... Are you drunk again?!
haha he meant Tipp as in Tipperary - its a county in Ireland.
Limerick is right next to it! xD

Oh and just for the record - if you ren for president I'd totally rig the elections so you'd win!

oh oops, silly me:D
surprisingly enough im not "drunk again", my insides feel a wee bit dodgy today for some strange reason!! :eek:

ahl no be applying to be president though, cause the government might stop my dosh:D
thanks though:)

Silvox Black

I would recommend receiving a diagnosis from a psychologist and then do research into different types of therapy that are effective in treating whatever you have. I personally prefer psychologists since they do not throw pills at the problem, but psychiatrists are also a viable option. First you should see to it that you search for more information regarding your ailment.

johnny 85

thank you all for your replys. silvox black i will be goin to my GP. hes quiet good and i trust him to help me out with my situation. problem is actually making an appointment, lol. when im at home i feel grand {normal} , so i think theres no need to go to my GP about this. then i go out and it kicks off. its really frustrating. im unable to make conversation, make eye contact with anyone including my mates, i feel really uncomfortable, my mind goes blank if someone i dont know trys to start a conversation with me, i get totally self concious ...etc.......... im worried that i ll never be able to get rid of this and be person i was 4 years ago . im 24 now!!

Last edited:

Silvox Black

thank you all for your replys. silvox black i will be goin to my GP. hes quiet good and i trust him to help me out with my situation. problem is actually making an appointment, lol. when im at home i feel grand {normal} , so i think theres no need to go to my GP about this. then i go out and it kicks off. its really frustrating. im unable to make conversation, make eye contact with anyone including my mates, i feel really uncomfortable, my mind goes blank if someone i dont know trys to start a conversation with me, i get totally self concious ...etc.......... im worried that i ll never be able to get rid of this and be person i was 4 years ago . im 24 now!!

Well, the first step in the path is to reach for assistance. You know you need it, do not delude yourself from that fact. From there I wish you well in your journey. I certainly hope that recovery finds you with all speed.