New to this forum-Lousy Voice

Okay so I am new to this forum and I am not totally sure how this forum works. I mean i've been on other forums before but this seems different. Anyway i'm not going to go into a whole history of my issues with social anxiety but rather have come here to focus on the main problems i'm dealing with in the present and how to overcome them. Basically the biggest issue I have is when im in a situation with someone who I feel uncomfortable around, usually if I percieve them as judgemental in some way(especially authority figures) my voice tenses up greatly and i sound totally monotone, nervous, like a robot, basically awful would be a summary. I am pretty sure i don't have a speech problem but more a problem with anxiety cuz i get this annoying feeling in my chest which I think affects my voice. Anyway yea thats my biggest problem I have, I don't know if anyone has experience similar stuff, i would assume probably. Thanks for any input.

Who-am-I

Iv been noticing somthing weird going on the past few months
and I thought I'd share this with you.I know this might sound crazy
but I think I'm being watched everywhere I go,even I think I'm going crazy.
First let me get to what I belive the root of the problem is,I work as a valet at 660 S figueroa also known as Milbank real estate.I have reason to belive that
there's a plot against me to either ruin my life or make me go crazy.I myself personally am to blame because of what iv been doing at work,taking money from Milbank .yes it's a bad thing to steal but I could of been handled differently,hence the topic of my thread about a plot against me.with that being said let explain what I personally think is going on,my ex girlfriend,Milbank,close friends along with people I hardly know have colaberated a plot to make my
life the center of there attention.you know that feeling you get when your being watched or voices comming from somewhere and you know it's about you?..well yeah that's exactly what's going on.im worried that somthing bad might happen so that's why I'm sharing this with you just incase.if I known this was gonna happen I would of turned myself in along time ago.wait but it gets better,after months of invading my private life it's no longer a quest for revenge but a source of entertaiment.on a side note this could be a great biography on destroying a life with no remorse.with spy cams setup at every
corner,my room,my GF house,bathroom,cars and I wouldn't dout it GPS tracking...there's more way more but for now tell me what you think.
Thanks
who-am-I

Who-am-I

First let me get to what I belive the root of the problem is,I work as a valet at 660 S figueroa also known as Milbank real estate.I have reason to belive that
there's a plot against me to either ruin my life or make me go crazy.I myself personally am to blame because of what iv been doing at work,taking money from Milbank .yes it's a bad thing to steal but I could of been handled differently,hence the topic of my thread about a plot against me.with that being said let explain what I personally think is going on,my ex girlfriend,Milbank,close friends along with people I hardly know have colaberated a plot to make my
life the center of there attention.you know that feeling you get when your being watched or voices comming from somewhere and you know it's about you?..well yeah that's exactly what's going on.im worried that somthing bad might happen so that's why I'm sharing this with you just incase.if I known this was gonna happen I would of turned myself in along time ago.wait but it gets better,after months of invading my private life it's no longer a quest for revenge but a source of entertaiment.on a side note this could be a great biography on destroying a life with no remorse.with spy cams setup at every
corner,my room,my GF house,bathroom,cars and I wouldn't dout it GPS tracking...there's more way more but for now tell me what you think.
Thanks
who-am-I

Scars

Basically the biggest issue I have is when im in a situation with someone who I feel uncomfortable around, usually if I percieve them as judgemental in some way(especially authority figures) my voice tenses up greatly and i sound totally monotone, nervous, like a robot, basically awful would be a summary.

Hey and welcome to the forum! Everyone here is either very helpful and will talk to you whenever you feel like you need it, or too stuck in the muck to be able to help anyone but themselves at the moment, or somewhere in between. Just remember there usually is someone on here who is going through or has gone through very similar problems you have. Talking to people like that really help me keep going.

I'm glad to hear that your main problem is feeling judged. Not because I like knowing that people are in pain (in fact I hate knowing that), but because I think I might be able to help you! :) Read my sig. The rest of the poem is in my profile. Every time you feel someone may be judging you, ask yourself that, or ask them if you're feeling brave, what the answer is. It might also help to put that in your sig or on a shirt to remind yourself and anyone you meet of the wisdom they could have, already have, or just needed a reminder ;). If in the end you find the answer to the question is no, then they don't deserve your attention or respect. Nobody on this planet has the right to judge anyone as a god would. You don't have to put up with them anymore.

I hope this helps you, I really do. I'm always sitting at home like a hermit so if you ever need to talk to someone I'm here.

coyote

...when im in a situation with someone who I feel uncomfortable around, usually if I percieve them as judgemental in some way(especially authority figures) my voice tenses up greatly and i sound totally monotone,....

yeah, I get this way, too. And then when I hear my voice I immediately become self-conscious and MORE nervous...etc. Usually I end up trying to say as little as possible so I don't sound stupid - which, of course makes me feel like the other person must think I'm stupid for only being able to grunt mono-syllables....

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Hey and welcome to the forum! Everyone here is either very helpful and will talk to you whenever you feel like you need it, or too stuck in the muck to be able to help anyone but themselves at the moment, or somewhere in between. Just remember there usually is someone on here who is going through or has gone through very similar problems you have. Talking to people like that really help me keep going.

I'm glad to hear that your main problem is feeling judged. Not because I like knowing that people are in pain (in fact I hate knowing that), but because I think I might be able to help you! :) Read my sig. The rest of the poem is in my profile. Every time you feel someone may be judging you, ask yourself that, or ask them if you're feeling brave, what the answer is. It might also help to put that in your sig or on a shirt to remind yourself and anyone you meet of the wisdom they could have, already have, or just needed a reminder ;). If in the end you find the answer to the question is no, then they don't deserve your attention or respect. Nobody on this planet has the right to judge anyone as a god would. You don't have to put up with them anymore.

I hope this helps you, I really do. I'm always sitting at home like a hermit so if you ever need to talk to someone I'm here.

I must say I agree, I am impressed with the overall attitude on this board. All the talk is extremely respectful and helpful. Yea I guess my anxiety does to some extent boil down to a fear of judgement although there are certain situations like interviews, or being around professors where you inevitably have to be judged. I think it's sickening how people judge people in interviews more by looks/aura then by personality but thats how the world is. I can try you're quote. It may help me get through certain situations at least. And yea I can see me on here a lot so i'm glad you're here to talk, i tend to get addicted to forums really easily, probably because in my heart I do like talking to people and I can't do it in person::(: so I do it online.

yeah, I get this way, too. And then when I hear my voice I immediately become self-conscious and MORE nervous...etc. Usually I end up trying to say as little as possible so I don't sound stupid - which, of course makes me feel like the other person must think I'm stupid for only being able to grunt mono-syllables....

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

yes thats so true. I also like to say as little as possible when talking to people because i figure the worst part me is my voice so i don't want them basing their main impression of me off that so yea i tend to give one, two and three word answers a lot with people. It's difficult for me to maintain a full sentence a lot of the times especially in extreme circumstances. I feel like talking is such a chore, mostly because I feel like I need to sound happy, enthuiastic, confident around people, but that feels so hard to do? Maybe I'm depressed? I don't know, but i think its more an anxious thing and im jsut afraid of showing any kind of emotion to people cuz theyll judge me for it in some way.

DarkPhoenix

Thanks
who-am-I
You could be over-analyzing your situation a little dude...

Who-am-I

Thanks everyone for the support ,in the world we live in now it's hard
to belive if life is even worth living for...

Who-am-I

You could be over-analyzing your situation a little dude...

That could also be the case but on the other hand I don't just hear one voice,
it's everyones voice.friends,family,co-wokers and Milbank.I don't think it's possible to even phatom multiple voices let alone hear it in detail.I know I'm not going crazy,that's just how dedicated they can be to not get caught up.
Then again I could be over analyzing,only time can tell...

Thanks for the comment!