new self-help manual - looking for proof-readers

moritz

Hello,
my name is Steffen Moritz, I am a professor of psychology at the Universtiy Medical Center Hamburg (Germany). Among other treatments I have developed a self-help method for OCD called "association splitting" which can be downloaded cost-free via www. uke. de/assoziationsspaltung [please delete blanks]. Some of you might be familiar with it.
I am turning to you since I have developed another self-help program called metacognitive training for OCD (myMCT). This was first published in my mother tongue German. We have run a study on it confirmng its effectivitiy: 60% of the 40 participants reported a decline of OCD symptoms afterwards. It has now been translated into English by a professional translator who, however, is not an expert on OCD. Before we start any clinical studies on the effectiveness of the new method, I would be very very grateful if people affected with OCD ***with English as mother tongue*** may read the manual for comprehensibility. It takes 2-3 hours to read.
What's in it for you?
Since I am a federal employee I regard it as my duty to provide my methods either cost-free to people affected with mental illnesses or in case we publish a book that the money is spent 100% in our research. Therefore, I do not have any financial resources to reimburse you for the task. However, you would be offered the chance to read a new method months before others and if it is printed you would receive a copy. Also, if you want you would be credited in the acknowledgement.
I am seeking for three people who fulfil the following criteria:
1. you have OCD
2. you have powerpoint 2007 (pptx files) on your computer which is the software eith which the new method is currently written
3. you have English as your mother tongue and you are good with grammar and language.
4. You are not working in the medical field since I need proof-readers who are not familiar with scientific language as the eventual manual should be comprehensible to most people with OCD without any scientific background (lay people).
If you are interested, please send me an email at [email protected]. I do not pursue any financial interests. For more information on me and what I am doing please see www.uke.de/europsych
Please understand that I can only give the manual to the three people eventually chosen.
Yery kind regards,
Steffen

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf
Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie
Arbeitsgruppe Klinische Neuropsychologie
Prof. Dr. phil. Steffen Moritz
Martinistraße 52
20246 Hamburg
GERMANY
[email protected]
http://www. uke. de/ neuropsych [please delete blanks to display web-link

Last edited:

Noca

Banned
I fullfill 1,2,3, but Im a psychology/pharmacy student so I dont know if I fullfill #4.

moritz

Dear Noca,
thanks for your offer. Please send me an email via [email protected] and I will send you the manual via attachment (it is 5.5 MB). If Endymion's worry ("I think you're one hell of a spammer") is true please feel free to report this in the forum but I assure you and other forum members that I do not pursue any financial interests. I am a researcher, my homepage is www . uke . de / neuropsych [please delete blanks].

Very kind regards, Steffen

P.S.: I just saw that I have a red sign relating to reputation ;-( I am a little unsure why this is so and will contact the web administrator to resolve this.

Last edited:

moritz

Hi,
thanks for changing my reputation button and the warm welcome!
@ IJustWantMyLifeBack: thanks for your interest, perhaps send me a message.
Kind regards, Steffen Moritz

IJustWantMyLifeBack

Let me be the first person to say thank you for asking us to assist with your great work.

I would encourage people with OCD to assist Moritz as he is only trying to help us.

Moritz, I have downloaded the file and will review it for you. There seems to be a lot of information so might take me a few days. I hope this is ok.

Thank you for putting in the time to find a solution to our problems

Last edited:

moritz

Let me be the first person to say thank you for asking us to assist with your great work.

I would encourage people with OCD to assist Moritz as he is only trying to help us.

Moritz, I have downloaded the file and will review it for you. There seems to be a lot of information so might take me a few days. I hope this is ok.

Thank you for putting in the time to find a solution to our problems

Thanks a lot! It is no problem at all if you need a little longer. Very kind regards, Steffen