New jobby suggestions

UnOccupied

New Hobby suggestions

Here's my problem. I am on winter break from school. Pretty much all of my friends have jobs, so i only see them at night...ok, fine, i am truly fine with that. But, during the day, when i am all alone, i have been kind of bored. This is a new feeling for me, i havn't felt bored in many years, so i am not used to this lol.

I seem to always keep busy with school, sports, and trying to keep sane. But now with all this free time i have, i don't know what to do with it. I actually get stressed out that i am not using it good enough, and it makes me anxious and restless that i am wasting my life away. Even though that's totally not true, being that i work so hard at school all year, i deserve this time to just relax.

Anyway, i want to find a new hobby. I feel like i am kind of boring, and need something to just delve all my free time into. But, my problem is that i get so frustrated and depressed when trying new things, because i expect perfection right away. It seems the only things i am good at are certain video games, and finding new dirty websites(old BAD habit).

Anyway, i bought a guitar, but stopped trying that. I read books every so often, but they start to bore me, and i feel they are a waste of time after a while. Car stuff gets me frustrated because they're just so complicated. I don't know what to set my mind to.

I feel like i like just about everything. For example, i like art, outdoors, houses, boats, books, children, interesting people, food, , building things(even though i'm no good at it), girls, cars, etc. It seems i'm open minded to everything. I don't know what to spend a lot of time with though!!!

So, does anyone have any suggestions for me to do on my free time. I mean, if i could get over my belief that i am wasting time, it may be easier to start something new in the first place. Ohh, also i love making fires in my fire pit, and listening to good music. But, i like just about all genres of music, and i get so overwhelmed by all the stuff out there that i get depressed when finding new stuff, and just quit. Hahaa, im so ridiculous.

Ok, thanks for reading, hope to hear from you guys soon.

Last edited:

Hottie

hi,
can i firstly say that doing is better than doing nothing. If you read through your post again and chanfge it slightly so it more positive you will see a different story completely.
I have never tried half of those things you nemed, so seriously dont worry about it. The path we follow comes with time an expiernce. So where and what ever comes next, will arrive soon.
Dont feel dissapointed that you havent stuck with things. If we stuck with one thing 4 the rest of our life, things would be boreing.

What i say is fair play to want and be able to test and try these things. You will find something that you are passionate about and you will know when that time arrives. It may not be immediately but it will comes.

Dont be worrying...

Take Care