New Ionto Trays

cm123

Hello,

I currently have the Idromed 5PS and the trays that are included are very uncomfortable, particularly on the wrist. Does anyone have any suggestions from where I could purchase more comfortable trays? Also, making them isn't a bad idea just let me know how you made yours and include some pictures!

Thank you,

C

Sprawling

In the USA, you can get some nice trays at TARGET. Mine are 15.5"Long, 6.5" wide, 1 3/34 deep.
Not sure how to attach a picture here. I drilled a hole on each tray for the female banana plugs that I purchased at RADIO SHACK. I tried to look up the product online yet cannot find it.

I've tried many trays and these are the best so far. They are dark gray with a light gray rubberized bottom inside.

Hi, for me, I started using metal trays too, but my machine was homemade. Personally after trial and errors, I realised that the wrist hurts(probably because you're resting your wrists on the metal tray) because the current is passing through the area you're resting your wrists on the tray. My homemade device is used with plastic trays. Not saying that my machine is perfect, but for now it works. Though I know in the near future ill probably be buying a machine.

Cheers hope this helps

cm123

Optimally, I would like something like the "Hidrex Ergonomic Trays".

"Made by Hidrex specifically for iontophoresis treatments.

These trays are designed for maximum comfort and ease of use throughout treatment.

One end of the tray has a cut out to allow the electrode connection to sit in place and hold the electrode plates central in the tray and the other end is shaped to form an arm rest.

Particularly useful for treatments performed on the hands but can be used on the feet."

They can be seen and purchased in the UK here: IontoCentre.com General Accessories & Spare Parts

Does anyone know where I could purchase them in the USA?

http://www.iontocentre.com/iontophoresis/iontophoresis_ergo_trays.jpg

Sprawling

Trays are fairly simple to find and make. As for an arm rest, roll up a hand towel and put a rubberband around it. Place the rolled hand towel where your wrist is and this makes treatment extremely comfortable. Hight of the hand tray should be about 1.5", foot tray can be whatever you need it to be depending if you want treat the entire foot or just the soles.

cm123

Per Sprawling's reccomendation I bought I believe to be are the same trays from Target. Hopefully these wont hurt my wrist as much. Here is the link: ORGANIZER 15 X 6 X 2 ORG GRANITE : Target

14044320.jpg

cm123

AH! I actually just realized that if I want to do my hands and feet at the same time then I will need just a single large tray for my hands! I am going to go back to target to see if I can find the tray I bought in a larger size!

Sprawling

CM123: Yes these are the trays. I purchased 2 of them, one for a hand, the other for the foot. How do you use a single tray just for your hands?

Roll up a hand towel so you can use it as an arm rest.

cm123

I treat my hands and feet at the same time. I do positive on my hands and negative on my feet. My hands share a single tray and my feet share a single tray. This maximizes effiencey and has is approved protocol for iontophoresis. It is recommended to switch polarity once every 5 sessions, although this is contended.