New here with plenty of thoughts.

Wetpalmed

Hey there, I'm new to this forum but not quite new to the devastating effects of hyperhidrosis. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I'm trying to just figure out some ways to solve the dilemma (I'm really hoping there are researching out there looking for a one time end all cure).

So I was wondering if I could get a few answers from you all to help formulate the issues with this dreaded sweating.

1.) Do you have/had back pain or neck issues?

2.) Do you ever have trouble breathing in anyway?

3.) How would you describe your arm/leg ratio compared to the rest of your body? Example: Skinny arms/legs regular body or large arms/legs skinny body?

4.) When you were younger did you consume a lot of sugary products?

I would also like to know if anyone has had the surgery to treat hyperhidrosis or knows exactly where they perform the surgery at on your body to help me see the pinpointed area?

I'm making these inquiries because I know sweating has to do with the sympathetic nervous system which has to do with the spinal cord, breathing, heart rate ext.

I've suffered from a bad back, which has caused tension on my other tendons/ligaments in the arms/chest. I also have and have always had a bit of trouble breathing. Not to mention my arms and legs are quite skinny which I believe causes bad blood flow. Sometimes though I find if I focus on deep breaths and regulating my heart rate the sweat can do down a bit.

Just wondering to hear about others here to see if there has a lot of correlation with those symptoms. But also really want to know the spot they perform surgery at. Thanks all, hope we can conquer this terribleness that leave me terrified to shake hands and hold girls.

Diend

I have never heard of hyperhydrosis yet it seems to be quite a common topic on this website. How...unsettling.

Wetpalmed

I have never heard of hyperhydrosis yet it seems to be quite a common topic on this website. How...unsettling.

Yes it'd be an understatement to say it hasn't ruined my life. I have it severely on my hands and feet, and a little bit on my face. The sweat on my face helped attribute to severe acne when I was younger until actually just a year or so ago when I finally found a soap that worked for me.

It sucks, I'm not trying to brag but I actually have fairly attractive facial features, a great sense of humor, and I am quite talented and skilled when I set my mind to something.

But yet dances in school were a nightmare, I never wanted to remove my shoes. Hugs and handshakes with peers and people I meet have always haunted my mind.

In schooling I could not even hold a pencil and still cannot, it just slips out of my hand. Most of my papers become soaked and rub off.

I've tried antiperspirants but the back of my hands became unbearable dry and painful and the tips of my fingers would still sweat. I also tried iontophoresis which worked short term but the process of doing it was unbearably boring and a bit painful, I'd rather not spend the rest of my life doing that. I just recently ordered the tea and am hopeful in positive results. I refuse to do the surgery and botox so that is out of the question.

I think the worst part about it is no one thinks that you cannot help it, they just get grossed out and talk about how clammy you always are, it's hurtful and embarrassing.

Diend

I think people are ignorant about the condition and it seems uncommon enough that people focus on cancer and autism instead.

hyp-hi

Hi Wetpalmed, welcome to the forum. To answer your questions:

1. No

2. No

3. Average ratio

4. Yes, probably more than I should have haha.

laure15

Welcome to the forum! Here are my answers:

- sometimes, but that's to be expected after working out or sleeping in improper positions

- no

3.) How would you describe your arm/leg ratio compared to the rest of your body? Example: Skinny arms/legs regular body or large arms/legs skinny body?
- normal ratio

- yes, sugary drinks and candy

akala

Hey there, I'm new to this forum but not quite new to the devastating effects of hyperhidrosis. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I'm trying to just figure out some ways to solve the dilemma (I'm really hoping there are researching out there looking for a one time end all cure).

So I was wondering if I could get a few answers from you all to help formulate the issues with this dreaded sweating.

I would also like to know if anyone has had the surgery to treat hyperhidrosis or knows exactly where they perform the surgery at on your body to help me see the pinpointed area?

I'm making these inquiries because I know sweating has to do with the sympathetic nervous system which has to do with the spinal cord, breathing, heart rate ext.

I've suffered from a bad back, which has caused tension on my other tendons/ligaments in the arms/chest. I also have and have always had a bit of trouble breathing. Not to mention my arms and legs are quite skinny which I believe causes bad blood flow. Sometimes though I find if I focus on deep breaths and regulating my heart rate the sweat can do down a bit.

Just wondering to hear about others here to see if there has a lot of correlation with those symptoms. But also really want to know the spot they perform surgery at. Thanks all, hope we can conquer this terribleness that leave me terrified to shake hands and hold girls.

Hello and welcome to the forum

1)I had very bad lower back pain as a teenager that never really went away. my neck pain issues are probably from staying on the computer too much .

2) Yes I have mild asthma that can make me feel uncomfortable... I also have too much phlegm in my throat at times (sorry tmi)lol

3) a lot of people have told me i have long legs.. but I am short because my torso is short . Body size is regular

4) I was a very sensitive child that only drank water and ate small portions of food at a time. I never like sugar, fizz... just regular foods but that might be because i was so sensitive.

Sprawling

Interesting questions. Welcome to the group.

I'm not sure if there is relevance to the questions? My opinion of course.

Being in my 50's I can say that aging brings about a lot of the above listed problems. I remember my HH (Hyperhidrosis) starting at age 6. I talked with my mom about it today and she states I was born with it.

I'm not sure there is any way to solve our dilemma, but we do offer ways how to potentially suppress it. I see no correlation to the symptoms that you describe relating to primary HH. It's possible that secondary symptoms such as medications, surgery etc can and do contribute to cases of HH. I think a great deal of people here have HH probably do to hereditary circumstances.

As to questions regarding ETS surgery. I think you'll find those questions answered in very recent discussions along with older back postings. Members come and go so you'll see a large overall view of personal perspectives.

Discuss our fears such as holding hands, touching etc is freely discussed. It's a common problem for those of us with palmer HH. Feel free to partake.

Solo Dolo

1. Yes!! I have been dealing with chronic neck and back pain for a long time now. Really sucks

2. Yes! I have mild asthma but i also notice particular times when i am out of breath and stuff like that

3.I have been told once or twice that my arms are long

4. I feel i had the average amount of sugary things as a kid but not sure

WhT r your thoughts??

Last edited:

corranhorn

All my answers are in the negative bro. I'm in perfect health, no back problems, etc. I suffered insane HH everywhere, but have a 100% cure now. I spend about 1,000$ per year or more on treatment (pharmacy.ca), but I'd pay 10x that. I always feel like I have a head cold, but drysol and avert have changed my life. I'd chop off an arm to get rid of HH, so the side effects are worth it. Keep researching. Start cheap and easy, with sage tea and glyco/aluminum chloride. Escalate to iontophoresis if needed. Avoid ETS at all costs. Keep researching. Unless you go to someone who regularly treats this, the best use you will get out of a doctor is a prescription for cheaper glycopyrrolate.

Despierto

Hi

1.I have sometimes pain in my lower back but I always assumed it was because I walk incorrectly(feet pointing outward)

2.Yes I seem to have an underdeveloped diaphram muscle and I cant breathe deeply into my stomach, only deeply into my chest and that takes effort.(has become a big problem in my meditation)

3- average.

4. I indeed did.