New here and just want a few opinions....

brownma29

Hi i'm martin and i've just turned 30, over the last 4 or 5 years i have noticed that i blush a hell of a lot over little things, i'm sure i've done it all my life but its only recently i have took it upon myself to try and cure it.

Lately i have put loads of effort into clearing up this condition and i seem to be making progress by taking Cetirizine Hydrocholride which leads my to believe that it is something i am eating or drinking? Previously i had taken beta blockers but these did nothing for me and i'd spent £100's on creams.

I have notice that my skin seems loads worse when someone takes a photo in dark conditions with a flash? Is there anyway to prevent this? Or does anyone have any advice and taking the colour away from the face?

Regards,

M.

Yeah i also blush, i have been since school, in my case its all in the mind and it most probably is for you as you blush having your photo taken. I surgest you see a councilor their is no harm in doing so, just to see that its not rosacea.

Fender

Through extensive research, personal experience, and from just talking to people about thier blushing, I have found it to usually be caused by two things: food allergies and psychological fear of blushing/social anxiety

Things you can do to begin attacking your blushing naturally:
1) Research--go online and research, buy books on blushing/anxiety...

2) Look for food/drink allergies--i recommend looking into gluten. Also, keep a log of what you eat and drink and then jot down what happens after you ingest these foods. Spicy foods, beer, drinks with caffeine, and other foods with with gluten are usually not good for blushers.

3)Get adequate sleep and exercise--These are both very important. Exercise is a natural way to reduce stress and anxiety--ditto for sleep.

4)Look into techniques such as meditation, cognitive behavioral therapy, hypnosis and NLP. There are many self-help downloads you can use to implement these techniques yourself. I found that they had help me and I think they are worth a try.

5)Talk to other people with the same condition. You took a big step in joining this forum and discussing your blushing. It helps your confidence and self-esteem to know that you're not alone and there is help out there.

I hope some of this can help you out. There are no quick fixes to this. A lot of people try drugs and other gimmicks but fail to address the real problems, ultimately ending up back at square one. I wish you the best of luck with your blushing. Start attacking it and get on with your life!!! :)

just wanna b normal

your just extremely nervous & shy. which is part of the symptoms of social anxiety.:) i get that alot too blushing i hate it!:mad: it dosent look good on me.

EscapeArtist

Fender, very nice post! (Hmm sucks that the rep system is gone) It can have a lot to do with daily upkeep of health (or.. a lack of)