New guy says hello

Jemo

Hi, I have pulled myself together and registered here after reading for a short while.

I'm 35 and have pretty much been isolating myself from everyone else for most of my life. I was stuck at university for years, struggling to attend classes, until I basically ran out of money and had to drop out. I've been on welfare for a couple of years now and my life just feels down the drain. I've tried too hard to avoid facing my problems and dream myself away instead which has made things even worse.

On the other hand I've finally been seeking help and tried a couple of forms of therapy for the last two years or so, and have been diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder. It's a bit of a relief to know that there's a bracket I fit into but it's still very much an uphill battle.

I even tend to hesitate to communicate with others online out fear of getting ridiculed or rejected or whatever but I've told myself that I'll participate here and not just lean back and lurk, so you will probably not get rid of me that easily. ;)