New guy here. Warning:Long

Samfce

I just found this website and thought this is amazing how so many people have social anxiety just like me. I thought there weren't many people who had it because I'm the only one with it at my school....I noticed that many people on here are a lot older than me (made me feel too little to be here), but social anxiety happens at all ages and I can get help from more experienced people.
Here's some info about my story:
When I was very little, (3 years old) my mom started me in school, a year too young on my opinion. I had never seen so many people and I did nothing but shy away and refuse to do activities for the whole year. Through the grades kindergarten-fourth grade I was very social and had many friends,but in 5th grade I had embarrassed myself continuously (not on purpose) and it then middle school hit. Let's just say 6th grade sucked. I had a mean teacher who didn't know what's too far, I was afraid what to wear everyday because if I wore some of my shirts people would make fun of me. The only upside of that year was that I made three friends (gasp). Unfortunately two of them moved away after school ended. 7th grade was a pretty good year, I made another friend too, but 6th grade made me too afraid to be open again. Many girls had crushes on me too, but one scares me, one rejected me, one gave up because I just wanted to be friends, one moved away, and the last one really liked me. We actually could have been dating now, but we were both too shy to do anything about it and it frustrates me.

Now:
I am 14 in 8th grade (junior high). Usually I'm the smartest in my classes, but I never talk or raise my hand. A girl really likes me this year, but I'm too shy to talk to girls. I'm very creative and express my emotions in my art or drawings (I know it's cheesy). I (hate using "I" too much) have good self esteem, but it is beat down to dangerously low depression constantly by people not know I exist even though I'm in their class, my "friend" who picks on me daily (he always responds with "I don't know what I was doing that made you mad") and it makes me almost cry (pathetic). Usually when I'm depressed I use my imagination and play (yes I know it's very child like, I have a problem with not maturing at the same rate as others) or play my favorite songs on the piano (kokiri forest from Ocarina of Time is my favorite tune) to escape reality.
So sorry that this is long, I'm just happy that I can tell somebody about me without making fun of me and even get advice from real people!

Lavinialuna

I had the same experience in school as you only worse. I didn't talk to anyone because people had been mean. Luckily by high school I mostly just blended in with the woodwork and they left me be but feeling rejected was horrible.
I would just like to comment that expressing yourself in your art is not cheesy! It's a gift, I hope you use it. It is not pathetic to cry if you are hurt (by your friend's lame sense of humor). It is normal, it's just some of us are deeper than others. Some of us seek deeper connections with people and honestly, most people can't deliver so hang in there, you are sure to meet someone who is a better fit, it just sometimes takes awhile. I also just wanted to say that using your imagination to escape is not out of ordinary, it's a coping skill and it doesn't mean you are childish. You actually sound very mature for your age (I have a son your age, so I know.)
It's good to get to know you, and you aren't alone. Welcome to the forum!