Need urgent advice!!!!!!!

Chiaroscuro

Ok. I need some help here! :( I have to go to the job centre today. It's a fortnightly meeting which I have to attend in order to pick up my job seekers allowance. I've been on it just for a few weeks. Only trouble is that you have to show that you have made 6 steps per fortnight towards finding a job - including applications, phone calls, interviews etc. Otherwise they might take me off the JSA. Only trouble is I have to see them today at 14:15 and I have done absolutely nothing towards finding a job due to SP etc.

I was hoping for some advice on a decision. Some people here might even have had a similar dilemma. Do you think I should tell them about the social phobia or make up some excuses and try to get away with it? Only thing is that I fear if I tell them they might ask for a doctors note and then it might go on my record and hold me back big time in the future. These are my worries.

If anyone could help me in the next couple of hours I would really really appreciate it!

Thanks. :?

Post your resume on two job sites: Yahoo! HotJobs & monster.com, print out your profile as proof.

Apply for two jobs on each job site. Print out the job listings as proof.

That's six steps.

Also craigslist.org has lots of job ads.

Generical

Yeah i'm looking for work too, signed upto an agency yesterday and need to go to jobscenter and stuff. Although i'm not really planning to go on jsa due to the fact it'll be way too much pressure i think to keep up with the apps and stuff.

Anyways yeh i'm thinking the only way they'll let you stay on it is if you tell them about your sp but yeh you might need a doc note for proof, they do help people with anxiety or depression issues and i think employers are supportive too (from what i've heard, im not definite). So they'll be able to help and will hopefully understand the position your in (they'll most likely have come across people with the same problem before). So basically just tell them about it and they'll sort you out no doubt.

[or do what sabbath said lol]

gobbledegook

yeah I'm the same as Generical so I think both ways are good. It depends on
how confident you would be telling them you have SP. If it was me I'd
do what sabbath said since there is that thing with the doctors note..etc. :)