Need practice talking to people

Wynstar

They say the best way to get better at something is through practice. however when it comes to talking I get maybe a couple minutes of practice per day. I need more practice than that in order to get good at talking with people. That's why I’m starting this forum topic.
This thread is for people who are looking for one-on-one conversations rather than group conversations. The reason for this is that one-on-one conversations push both people to interact whereas in group conversations it is easy to either not participate or for one person to take more than their fair share of the conversation.
If you would like to find someone to talk to, post a message below. Then people can send you a private message if they are interested. Then as soon as you find someone to talk to, delete your post so that people know you are no longer looking. If you are looking for more than one conversation partner and need to keep your post up longer, that is fine.

Wynstar

UPDATE: I am no longer looking for a conversation partner on this website, there is just not enough interest. However, I will keep my original post here in case someone finds it useful. Facebook groups seem to be a better place to find someone to talk to.

Hi, I am 35 years old. I recently moved to the Denver area. I live in a house by myself most of the time and so usually don't have anyone to talk to.
I would like to have voice conversations over something like Skype, Facebook Messenger, Discord, or phone. I would probably prefer to have shorter but more frequent conversation, but I have never done something like this before so I'm not sure. It would be kind of an experiment and hopefully the experiment can continue as long as both of us find it useful.
Send me a message if you are interested in talking. Thanks.
Here is a link to my photo: https://imgur.com/VeJg57m

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I'm happy for you, to see you're trying to help yourself! Not enough people do that.

I'm not in the position to be able to talk as you have suggested, but my thoughts and good wishes are with you :thumbup:

F0AM

Hi wynstar, I think this is a very good idea to help developing a conversation.

I feel bad for not being the one helping you but right now I couldn't do it for three reasons.

1 I feel terribly anxious talking through phone or other voice media like discord, Skype, etc. (With ppl I don't know)

2 I'm Spanish so since English is not my first language I would feel uncomfortable because what if u don't understand me or viceversa and I have to ask you to repeat stuff? That wouldn't help me with my anxiousness at all...I know u must face things in order to solve them and I'm looking forward to do it.

3 Right now I don't feel like talking to anyone, not in the mood...not a good time for me lol

I just don't feel like I could right now :/ (and i've spoken to American ppl before using teamspeak). But once I feel better maybe I could give it a try. With you or other members of this forum...could be an interesting way of improving both, conversation skills and my English
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, as I said, this could be useful. In fact I have planned a Skype conversation with someone I know from a Spanish forum :)

Last edited: