My sweat seems 'incurable' during anxious moments

sportsfan8

Let me start off by saying that my under arms and palms are my worst areas, and that I have social anxiety. I've tried several different things like Avert that does completely stop my sweating for most of the day, but when in social situations like in class, or especially when I have to give a presentation, I still sweat just as much as normal. Even with antihydral, which completely kills he top layer of skin and turns it yellowish, I still sweated in social situations.

Does anyone with bad anxiety like myself find any success with anything out there? It does me no good if I can't get anything to help out in public.

I've begun to think that anxiety is a bigger issue for me than the sweating is...

Sprawling

Anxiety and sweating seem to work together. When ionto treatments work on my hands I find that I'm not very anxious at all. When my hands are sweating anxiety is triggered. I realized that I'm not normally an anxious person by nature and the only way I was able to see this was by the absence of sweat.

Anxiety is triggered by different things for different people. Some people get extremely nervous from taking a test and are calm around people or some people are calm when taking a test and nervous around social situations. For you, you get nervous when you sweat. Imagine if you could get rid of the anxiety that sweating causes and then hyperhidrosis would be more of just an annoyance. There are techniques to obtaining this mindset and I think it could be valuable to explore that.

I personally have hyperhidrosis on my hands and cannot say that I have aquired that mindset. I have currently found a cure with iontophoresis but I am constantly afraid that this cure will stop working for me, as others such as botox and medications have in the past.

I personally have come to the same conclusion as you (at least I think), that anxiety is the real problem and that hyperhidrosis is certainly a problem, but not a big enough problem that it could hurt me as I have let it.

If you are simply looking for a cure for hyperhidrosis, I would give iontophoresis a try. It works really well for me, and many others from what I have read. If you are looking for a way to deal directly with the anxiety associated with hyperhidrosis, please private message me! I have no answers but am looking for exactly that and would love someone to work on it along side me. The trouble with it is that there are no posts anywhere about coping with hyperhidrosis but only with curing it. I posted the other day about this issue and have surprisingly gotten no responses yet.

Sprawling

On the contrary, coping with HH has been talked about over and over again on this board and others. There have been a bunch of people who were just able to accept it and move along with their lives. There is no cure of course. The discussion about which came first, the chicken or the egg has been another popular theme here. Does anxiety cause HH or does HH cause anxiety? In my case HH has been my anxiety culprit.

Do some digging in the archives.

cooandtwo

for me its the forehead in social situations, but I have avoided them like the plague for years so I'm not sure if its still as bad now, its awful though cause its the most visible place, you can't hide the face theres sweat pouring down your face.