My Story

Buda

I leave with AS, Depression (bipolar) more-less since I dropped university. Lost most of friends, ended 2 long term relations, got deep in love....lost my dear love to bipolarity, went from job to job not keeping it for more then some days or a month, went to a even deeper depression, lost all hope, all friends, family, love again... never gave use to my degree for more then 30 days...lived in hell for years, barely speaking, or fighting days in a row to get out of the bed....and gave up everything to pursue a life that could feed me, that i could enjoy what I did, that could make me dream again...and in 1 year and half after I broke up with most of things that connected me to life around...I pursued my dreams against all chance, against every friend that will hardly understand you or support your craziness (that defines you as you are=just accepting u)...and I kept fighting, and fighting....this time doing what I love, i started a startup against major startups with 4-10 members team, alone....I was invited for another where we won a fundraising for some months...I still fight to go along with my team for 8h a day, and started learning again from home other passions...and I know from 1 year max from now, I'll be able to support myself doing where my soul drives me, from home, from everywhere, doing what I love, with time me to refuel energies along day as I really need....that after 6 years of hell...lost, with no jobs, with no friends, with no money, with depression....i know I'm almost there, so the question is...why should you give up now?

laure15

I agree. We need to find our niche somehow. I am shy, introverted, quiet, and socially anxious, due to both genetics and environmental influences. At first, my approach was to completely eradicate my shyness, introversion, quietness, and social anxiety, in hopes of becoming the opposite of what I am now. But I soon learned that this radical approach doesn't work. No matter how much I try to deny it, it doesn't disappear. Now, I have come to terms with who I am. I used to feel ashamed when I run to the bathroom or secluded place to hide/recharge from people, but not anymore. I'm not going to resist my inner temptations/inclinations.

Buda

I agree. We need to find our niche somehow. I am shy, introverted, quiet, and socially anxious, due to both genetics and environmental influences. At first, my approach was to completely eradicate my shyness, introversion, quietness, and social anxiety, in hopes of becoming the opposite of what I am now. But I soon learned that this radical approach doesn't work. No matter how much I try to deny it, it doesn't disappear. Now, I have come to terms with who I am. I used to feel ashamed when I run to the bathroom or secluded place to hide/recharge from people, but not anymore. I'm not going to resist my inner temptations/inclinations.

thanks for your story sharing, that happened to me quite a lot...running away to the bathroom as it was paradise for some seconds of relief...that doesn't happens a lot nowadays but I tend to escape of situations in work where I end to be with other person for a small talk, special in the lunch breaks. it's horrifying, seems to never have nothing to plus the conversation that's not work related.