My Story

theone723

First of all, I would like to say thanks for reading and I don't usually express myself to people but here, I feel that people can relate to me.
I used to feel free and happy as a kid but at the age 16, I lost all that and now I'm 20 and it's worse. I developed hyperhidrosis all over my body and I became a slave to my body. I lost most of my friends, my girlfriend, became a loner, stop socializing and hardly go anywhere or dress the way I want to dress because the sweat stains might show. What made it worst I attend a catholic school which we wore shirts and khaki trouser so when I sweat it used to show through my shirt and trouser and people would then laugh and make fun of me. Even adults or teachers(most especially biology teachers) who I thought would help me or explain to people made fun of me, nobody in my school had this disease and I've never meet anyone that had it or knows anything about it but it also thought me lesson that not all my friends were true and people desert you when you're not like them but I still have my family and few friends but don't bother discussing it with them. I live my life always giving excuses when invited to go out, I'm always feeling sad, at times I'm worried that I might live this sad life till I die, I wonder if I will ever have a relationship for someone to love me just for me. At times I feel like committing suicide because I don't see no real reason to live if the rest of my life will be sad. If there's any cure or something please let me know and thanks for reading.

hyp-hi

You have found a good place here where there are people who have the same condition as you. There are a lot of treatment options that may help you that can be found on this forum. Have a look around and try some of the solutions to see what helps.

Sprawling

Welcome to the group theone723. Glad you are able to express your thoughts. Read all the back posts and such. They do make certain clothing that can hide the sweat and not let it absorb through. You may want to consider the medication option?

I have learned how to talk about Hyperhidrosis with friends and family. I explain to them what its like to live with the sweating and how we have to hide it from others. I found it liberating to be able to talk about it.

theone723

Thanks a lot for the info. I live in a third world country which people don't have medications or know about hyperhidrosis so it's very depressing.