My recent bullying story

ThePunisher

It happened when I was playing World of Warcraft through random dungeon finder where you get grouped with people from other servers.

These 2 morons started criticising and making fun of me cause I was using PvP gear in an dungeon. But I tweaked the gear so it'll be suited for an dungeon. It did decent damage.

And I told them it was my personal preference to use PvP gear and that I didn't care.

But they kept on making fun of me.

I told them to give it a break please.

But they kept on going and I started to have that uncomfortable feeling when you get ganged up on and I started feeling very anxious.

In the end I had enough and just when I was about to tell them I'm gonna report them in to the GM. I got vote kick from the group.

I felt upset, and dissapointed and somewhat angry that the other 2 had accepted the vote kick (you need 4 people to initiate a vote kick) and wanted to cry not just cause I got kicked from the group, and but cause I just still couldn't believe that I was getting bullied, even though I accepted that it happens and that there are morons out there.

But I didn't cry and tried to hold back my tears. Then I got angry and used that anger to open a ticket and report those morons in. I also added those responsible to my ignore list so I won't meet them again if I do a random dungeon.

Blizzard (company of WoW) still hasn't gotten back to me and it's been 2 days now......

Anyways, the reason I posted this was just to vent out my feelings and also to point out how it's sad that people get made fun of just cause they're different. Like sometimes I wonder do we have to make fun of someone just cause they're different? It's one of the things I question about society.

Honda

^ Such people are everywhere.. They only stop when you know how to put a limit for them... When they see you're anxious and scared and not answering back then they keep going.. Some find it a joy when they discover you're weak and keep pushing hard..

ThePunisher

^ Such people are everywhere.. They only stop when you know how to put a limit for them... When they see you're anxious and scared and not answering back then they keep going.. Some find it a joy when they discover you're weak and keep pushing hard..

Yeah I know. It's sad sometimes thinking about it and I do fear it sometimes. Btw I was answering back to them even though I felt scared. Yeah I really hate bullies cause of that. Like how they take pleasure in making you suffer.

Btw, what do you mean by put a limit for them?

Honda

^ stand up for them.. Now people dont f**k with someone that they feel is stronger or not easy to deal with.. For example im a big tall guy and most people dont find me an easy target. Keep your cool and control yourself.. Sometimes we f**k up and embarrass ourselves it happens but we shouldn't lose our cool and take it cleanly and confidently and they will find that theres no point in toying around with you and probably find that you're mature to play silly games with.. Life throws sh*t on you every now and then, thats life but its the way you take it and accept it is also important.. I hope this helps..

Last edited:

Honda

You know that absence gives a person some sort of power on others... I read a book "48" laws of power check it out...

Stevo86

Don't let it get to you, most people online act like total d-bags because they can hide behind user-names. It's like that everywhere. I've lost faith in humanity several times over things because of what people have said online, it can be soul-destroying.

Anyways, just remember these guys know nothing about you and they sound like a pair of basement-dwelling dorks if the best they can do is insult you due to the gear that you had. Just try to forget about them.

ThePunisher

^ stand up for them.. Now people dont f**k with someone that they feel is stronger or not easy to deal with.. For example im a big tall guy and most people dont find me an easy target. Keep your cool and control yourself.. Sometimes we f**k up and embarrass ourselves it happens but we shouldn't lose our cool and take it cleanly and confidently and they will find that theres no point in toying around with you and probably find that you're mature to play silly games with.. Life throws sh*t on you every now and then, thats life but its the way you take it and accept it is also important.. I hope this helps..

That's what I did.... Maybe I was too late to tell them I would report them in cause they already kicked me from the group. But thanks for the other advice anyways.

ThePunisher

Don't let it get to you, most people online act like total d-bags because they can hide behind user-names. It's like that everywhere. I've lost faith in humanity several times over things because of what people have said online, it can be soul-destroying.

Anyways, just remember these guys know nothing about you and they sound like a pair of basement-dwelling dorks if the best they can do is insult you due to the gear that you had. Just try to forget about them.

Yeah that's true, they could be "basement-dwelling dorks" ty for reminding me about that.

It's not my style to forget about someone until justice is serve or when I know I won't be seeing them again. But yeah I reported them in and I guess now I'll try and forget them and hopefully time will heal my wounds.

But thxs anyways.

206Raider

Yeah man, no offense but they made fun of you over a WoW.....They don't even know you, or what you look like and they are probably fat, acne ridden freaks, so I wouldn't worry. People who are like that got problems themselves and since it's pretty much anonymous they will say what they want.

ThePunisher

Yeah man, no offense but they made fun of you over a WoW.....They don't even know you, or what you look like and they are probably fat, acne ridden freaks, so I wouldn't worry. People who are like that got problems themselves and since it's pretty much anonymous they will say what they want.

Yeah that's true, ty for your feedback.

LockieKermit

Cheep up bud. There are people like that in the world unfortunetley. But your better then them, and thats all that matters. They were in the wrong.

ThePunisher

Don't expect Blizzard to do anything. Doubt they consider their behavior to be breaking the rules or something... And PVP for PVE... ugh :p. That wasn't really acceptable in the days I was playing.

They broke the rules cause they were harrassing/bullying me and it makes it worst for them cause I asked them to stop and they didn't.

Well from what i read and from what happened with me, it really all depends. Just like in real life when you report something to the police, depending on how serious the matter is, the police will take the appropriate action.

And from personal experience blizz did do something cause I reported one of the guys in there and he must have got punished someone and when he harrassed me again, i threaten to report him in and he got scared and stopped harrassing me. So blizz must have done something to him inorder for him to react that way.

Hey PvP for PvE works, I socket my gear with hit gems so i reach the hit cap. Ofcourse it's not probably as good as normal PvE gear, but at least I do decent dps.

Well I think maybe cause the people u were with. The guild I'm with they don't care cause they don't take WoW too seriously like other people do, not implying you ofcourse. And besides no one else cared except those morons.....

ThePunisher

Cheep up bud. There are people like that in the world unfortunetley. But your better then them, and thats all that matters. They were in the wrong.

Yeah i know, just sometimes it gets to you even if you accept it. Thxs mate appreciate the nice message :)

DarkSeeker

These 2 morons started criticizing and making fun of me cause I was using PvP gear in an dungeon. But I tweaked the gear so it'll be suited for an dungeon. It did decent damage.

That's one of the reason why I could never play video games with other people (online or in real life). I'm usually the one very serious about everything, but when I play video games it's certainly not to be serious. I played video games to escape from my harsh reality. I loved immersing myself into the ambiance, with the music and artistically beautiful graphics. They say that novels are frugal freights that can carry you around the world and different times, but so are some of the video games out there, something I find to be overlooked by everyone.

Oh and the killing, I could never express my anger in real life in absolutely no way except killing pixels, so much pixelated blood spilled. I must have killed billions of people, both on a screen and inside my head.

But those other people, they take this thing so damn seriously. Everything is done and calculated or debated so meticulously. They're caught up in a constant battle of who's the best huh? who's best huh? Oh yeah oh yeah. Look at me I got that super rare flashy gear with super rare mount and a million gazillion gold.

You can't savor the environment, the music or the story when you're with them. Everything needs to be fast and perfect, there's no time to relax we're dealing with some serious business here.

It took 3 months of wow to make me realize just how superficial and gimmicky video games were. My parents labeled me a video gamer, and I sometimes played only because of that. That and escaping the impossible reality of having very stupid and heartless parents of course. A total dissociation, I lost track of time, stopped remembering anything, stopped thinking about how bad life was.

But now that I cut myself from my abusers, it feels so shallow and superficial. I stopped playing video games altogether, now I just quickly watch the cutscenes on youtube and watch some of the footage to get a little of that old feeling back.

Last edited:

ThePunisher

That's one of the reason why I could never play video games with other people (online or in real life). I'm usually the one very serious about everything, but when I play video games it's certainly not to be serious. I played video games to escape from my harsh reality. I loved immersing myself into the ambiance, with the music and artistically beautiful graphics. They say that novels are frugal freights that can carry you around the world and different times, but so are some of the video games out there, something I find to be overlooked by everyone.

Yeah I too love admiring the beautiful scenary of video games sometimes, even take screenshots of them :)

But those other people, they take this thing so damn seriously. Everything is done and calculated or debated so meticulously. They're caught up in a constant battle of who's the best huh? who's best huh? Oh yeah oh yeah. Look at me I got that super rare flashy gear with super rare mount and a million gazillion gold.

I literally lol'd when you said that, soz it's just the way you said it that was exaggerating and funny cause it's true XD

You can't savor the environment, the music or the story when you're with them. Everything needs to be fast and perfect, there's no time to relax we're dealing with some serious business here.

You're telling me :S

But now that I cut myself from my abusers, it feels so shallow and superficial. I stopped playing video games altogether, now I just quickly watch the cutscenes on youtube and watch some of the footage to get a little of that old feeling back.

why do you say that?

sabbath

Banned
counter-strike: source is what i play, and when i use the auto shotgun people make fun of me (they call it a "noob cannon" lol) , but it's usually after I've killed them so I use the auto shottie whenever I want :p

ThePunisher

counter-strike: source is what i play, and when i use the auto shotgun people make fun of me (they call it a "noob cannon" lol) , but it's usually after I've killed them so I use the auto shottie whenever I want :p

Laugh out loud (wouldn't let me post lol)

DarkSeeker

why do you say that?

If you really want to know, it's because I'm at uni now, in a very intense program and what is to become a very intriguing career path. Also I've played video games so much that I can already tell most of what's going to happen before it even happens. Nothing seems new anymore. It was impressive when I was like 10 year old, but now it just seems that the magic of it is dead, so I now seek that magic elsewhere into the scary world of new things.

ThePunisher

If you really want to know, it's because I'm at uni now, in a very intense program and what is to become a very intriguing career path. Also I've played video games so much that I can already tell most of what's going to happen before it even happens. Nothing seems new anymore. It was impressive when I was like 10 year old, but now it just seems that the magic of it is dead, so I now seek that magic elsewhere into the scary world of new things.

Ah I sees. lol that's true video games feels like they're recycling the same crap over and over again same with hollywood movies....