My parents can't afford braces and my mouth hurts :(

Nitsuj

So about a year ago my canine teeth came in late and grew out over my other teeth so basically it looks like I have vampire teeth, and now the same thing is happening now with the late teeth on the bottom of my mouth. I went to the orthodontist and he told me right away I needed braces. But my mom told me her and my dad couldn't afford them. I almost cried when she told me that seeing as I am very self conscious and already have people make fun of me, the last thing I needed was another thing to laugh at me about. But according to her I had no choice. Since then my mouth has gotten worse, the past month my gums have become pinched between my teeth causing them to swell and bleed, my late teeth have also cut up the insides of my lips which makes it very hard to talk and kiss my girlfriend. They both make over 50000 a year but they keep telling me they cant afford it, but my dad spends over 200 dollars a month on cigarettes and alcohol. He also just bought a new car. It's like they don't even care. Is there anyway I could get braces myself or possibly get them to buy me some. I need to get them fixed soon or else I'm afraid that they will just get permanently ****ed up and I will have horrible teeth for the rest of my life. Help. ::(:

Klaus

So about a year ago my canine teeth came in late and grew out over my other teeth so basically it looks like I have vampire teeth, and now the same thing is happening now with the late teeth on the bottom of my mouth. I went to the orthodontist and he told me right away I needed braces. But my mom told me her and my dad couldn't afford them. I almost cried when she told me that seeing as I am very self conscious and already have people make fun of me, the last thing I needed was another thing to laugh at me about. But according to her I had no choice. Since then my mouth has gotten worse, the past month my gums have become pinched between my teeth causing them to swell and bleed, my late teeth have also cut up the insides of my lips which makes it very hard to talk and kiss my girlfriend. They both make over 50000 a year but they keep telling me they cant afford it, but my dad spends over 200 dollars a month on cigarettes and alcohol. He also just bought a new car. It's like they don't even care. Is there anyway I could get braces myself or possibly get them to buy me some. I need to get them fixed soon or else I'm afraid that they will just get permanently ****ed up and I will have horrible teeth for the rest of my life. Help. ::(:

Nitsuj, I think you don't have many options to choose. Maybe the only possible thing to is find a job and earn some money... Sometimes we need to rely more on ourselves and less at parents, friends etc...

My kids are have/are getting theirs done with a payment plan, so its not all payed at once. You could sell it to them that way, "Its only $50 per week" or whatever it works out as. Both needed/need teeth removed to make room first. I had poor parents and only had teeth removed, no braces, and they straightened ok by themselves. This could be another option for you

Blaze

I feel guilty over the fact my parents blew all that money on braces for me, and I never wore my retainer and they just became messed up again. Damn crossbite.

fitftw

^ same here lol. Now I am on my own, with 4 cavities and I refuse to pay to get them filled. I'm going to let my teeth rot out. It's what nature intended.

Aussie_Lad

Since you are 16, you would probably still be classed as a child in the eyes of the law. This means that you may be able to contact certain authorities in relationship to possible child abuse. It is unfair to expect anyone relying on parents / guardians for medical expenses, to have to foot their own bill or forgo any medical treatment. That is wrong, and the parents need to wake up to themselves. Perhaps talk to a teacher or another trusted adult, and tell them your concerns. They might be able to contact the appropriate people on your behalf.