My latest completed project

recluse

what tools do you use?

I use a band saw to get the basic shape after drawing it on the wood, i then use a drill so that i can get the blade of a coping saw in to get the inner cutouts, then i use a carving knife to carve out the shape and get it rounded, then i use a hook/spoon knife to get the inner cutout of the spoon, finally sand paper and linseed oil.

I need to get myself a power fret saw so i can cut curves out easier.

2009-10-30-42086.jpg
Carving knife

2009-10-30-42123.jpg
Hook/spoon knife

2009-10-30-42167.jpg
The original template i made using grid paper and card

Last edited:

Harleyq

Sporks? Is that some combination of a spoon and fork?

This was easier to work with because i was using soft wood. Also my design is a bit more elaborate than my first.

That's interesting about your family name, what is is?

:eek: You don't know what a spork is!? BEHOLD!
star_trek_titanium_spork_combo.jpg
BambooSpork-TDG-HTIGG-fb.jpg

I'd tell you my family name but since it's the internet, I don't wanna give away too much personal info.

recluse

I guessed that it was some weird product resulting from a fork and spoon mating:D But give me some credit! I am social phobic and i don't go out much so i don't get exposed to such modern things:D

You've given me inspiration for my next one now! The only problem is that it wouldn't be functional because it would taste gross (i tasted it whilst sanding, getting dust in my mouth) to put one of my spoon in your mouth. I think a special kind of wood is used for functional food utensils that does not taint.