My latest completed project

recluse

Just finished it yesterday.

lovespoonb.jpg

Lovespoon.jpg

rayray

lol,you have talent.
i dont know if you make anything else,but you make really hardcore spoons,it's very cool and spoony. :D

recluse

It's an old tradition of Wales. They are known as 'love spoons'..You are meant to make one for a lover but i just make them for the pleasure.

Harleyq

If you ever decide to start a trend making love sporks, I'd love you forever.

This spoon, and the other one I saw that you posted, are both really awesome. I love seeing other people's artwork, especially in mediums that I can't work with myself.

I think I'll tell my dad about your spoons and love spoons in general cause my family name originated from Wales. He might want to buy/make one.

recluse

If you ever decide to start a trend making love sporks, I'd love you forever.

This spoon, and the other one I saw that you posted, are both really awesome. I love seeing other people's artwork, especially in mediums that I can't work with myself.

I think I'll tell my dad about your spoons and love spoons in general cause my family name originated from Wales. He might want to buy/make one.

Sporks? Is that some combination of a spoon and fork?

This was easier to work with because i was using soft wood. Also my design is a bit more elaborate than my first.

That's interesting about your family name, what is is?

recluse

Cool :)
How long does it take to make it?

I started on Saturday by cutting it out with a saw. On Sunday i started carving, and then i just did it bit by bit each day. I think in total about 3 o'r 4 hours. It's better to do it slowly each day than rush it in one and mess it up.

Tiercel

Again, very nice work, recluse. My latest project was a pack of Tastykakes. They were made of coconut and dark chocolate. Now they are no more. I hardly think I'll be able to turn them into a work of art.

Maybe some day you can sell Welsh Love Spoons to American tourists with more dollars than sense.