My head's spinning

DanFC

Recently I've caught myself in a depression and I haven't been feeling all too well. Every day it feels like I'm getting closer to the edge of giving up, no matter how much I resist.

Anyways, there's this girl (yeah yeah I know) who's in one of my classes. I mentioned her before on this forum saying that she seemed interested in me at least as a friend, though we never really talked outside of class. But today she went up to me randomly when I was walking from a class and talked to me about some assignment that was misgraded.

Obviously, I screwed it up at that point as I didn't really have anything to say and I sort dismissed myself, though it was apparent she wanted to keep talking. At least I was able to keep a smile and a hold of myself from freaking out in front of her.

So now my mind is just boggled. Before, even in high school, whenever I made acquaintances is was in class and there was very little forward communication outside of class. Now someone, who is way better than me, actually instigates a talk with me? It's just crazy and I don't know what to do with it.

I also don't know what I should do with this particular person. I really like her, even if she only wanted to be friends. I have class with her in about an hour, but she sits with one or two other people and I always sit at a distance. Is there any alternative to just going up to her, saying hi, and starting some random conversation (suggestions?), even with her friends there?

mmmm

Alternative, hmmm. I suppose you could arrange to arrive at the class five minutes late, do a fake rushing in bit where you apologise to the person in charge and make a funny "I'm so silly for being late" face at your girl on your way to your seat. I'll let you know if I come up with anything better.

DanFC

Alternative, hmmm. I suppose you could arrange to arrive at the class five minutes late, do a fake rushing in bit where you apologise to the person in charge and make a funny "I'm so silly for being late" face at your girl on your way to your seat. I'll let you know if I come up with anything better.

Lol, sounds interesting. But not enough people show up on Fridays to warrant a "hey sorry I'm late, this is one of the few seats left" trick. That's clever though :)

mmmm

Tell me what she said about the grading. If we can think of something clever to say about that you can rehearse it until it sounds spontanious and then you can go upto her and say "I thought about what you said, I've come to this oh so brilliant and attractive off the cuff conclusion..." and time it so that you're still talking when class starts so you can snap to attention and open your books at a desk next to her.

DanFC

Ah, that's a great idea! She said that she got an e-mail (that I never got) that the scale for the project we worked on was wrong so we were owed a few points.

mmmm

???? sorry, I'm totally out of my depth with scales and stuff. You'll think of something, though.

DanFC

Lol ok, thanks for trying ^_^

Edit: Ah well, here it goes...

Last edited:
Plan things to say, so that it isn't random? Sit nearer to her, a little bit each class? Smile at her? Email her? Chuck a paper plane at her? :p