Music Eternal at End

Why is music so dangerous?

Why do I feel it so much? For now certain music that I can no longer listen to, due to negative feelings associated with them, while they are really good I can leave them.

What happens if the song is so beautiful? I will lose it. Is this a gift or a curse?

Begin unable to listen to a song because emotional memory sends shocking ill vibes. Even spying the title or the memorized image on the youtube favorite list, this will happen.

I have had to stop listening to this: YouTube - Sad Violin
In fear I will lose it. I am in denial. I have already lost the ability to hear it again.

los77

I don't believe the music is the main cause of the feeling. You probably associated songs with certain events in your life or certain feelings so whenever you are reminded of a song you are also immediately reminded of the event event you associated it with. But you could be reminded of those events by anything, like through a painting, a movie with a scene similar to that, seeing someone involved or someone talking about that, etc.

Usually for me, sad music helps me get through sad times and if im happy it doesnt really affect unless im reminded of something I dislike.

I don't believe the music is the main cause of the feeling. You probably associated songs with certain events in your life or certain feelings so whenever you are reminded of a song you are also immediately reminded of the event event you associated it with. But you could be reminded of those events by anything, like through a painting, a movie with a scene similar to that, seeing someone involved or someone talking about that, etc.

Usually for me, sad music helps me get through sad times and if im happy it doesnt really affect unless im reminded of something I dislike.

True. Thank you for your response. I was not expecting one. Just something I had to say.

I cannot listen to sad music while in a depressed state. Makes it worse. I opt to silence and the Zippo lighter.

mmmm

I'm like you, Sial.Except that I see it as a positive thing. It's like, if I need an outlet for my negative feelings, I can dump everything that needs dumping into a certain song. Maybe having a bit of a cry or smashing some stuff at the same time. I always feel better afterwards but the downside is that if I ever listen to that piece of music again, everything I dumped in it will still be there with the same effect. It's probably safer for you to stay away from your "trigger songs" as I call them. As much as you enjoy them, they aren't good for you.

I'm like you, Sial.Except that I see it as a positive thing. It's like, if I need an outlet for my negative feelings, I can dump everything that needs dumping into a certain song. Maybe having a bit of a cry or smashing some stuff at the same time. I always feel better afterwards but the downside is that if I ever listen to that piece of music again, everything I dumped in it will still be there with the same effect. It's probably safer for you to stay away from your "trigger songs" as I call them. As much as you enjoy them, they aren't good for you.

Well not anymore they're not.

I once listened to a song that triggered sad memories associated with it so often and repetitively, that it started to have new and different memories attached to it.:)
It does not take as long as you think to develop new memories with a certain song.