Mushrooms

Jay Cataldo

Freestylemonster hit it on the head... if you are struggling with emotional issues, SA included, do not ingest hallucinogens. While mushrooms are relatively harmless, they can lead to an incredibly scary experience if you are not adept at controlling your thoughts and emotions.

Psilocybin should be treated with the utmost respect. Like FSM said, wait until your life is kick-ass all around before taking the plunge.

Joolin

My only suggestion is to find the right setting, as a good setting is the only way to ensure a good trip.

That said, the best setting in the world is a beach next to a thick forest. If you're in the Pacific Northwest, the best place to go is the Olympic Peninsula in Washington. The wild, rocky beaches covered in driftwood and tidepools combined with the lush temperate rainforest make for the perfect mushroom setting. Something about being between two of nature's most epic forces (forest and ocean) on a strip of soft, flat sand makes for some gigantic times, even if you're completely sober.

Keep in mind though that setting includes people, so be sure you are only with people who you are either already very comfortable with or people who are very experienced with psychedelics and know how to talk someone out of a hard trip.

Also, with a good enough setting, even the most anxious person will have an amazing trip! Just make sure you're either in a place with few strangers or in a place where you know that the strangers won't mind. For example, "family friendly" is the exact opposite of "mushroom friendly".

All in all, just make sure to plan things as thoroughly as possible! I am a very anxious and paranoid person, so whenever I do any drug (even weed) I make sure to plan the experience around my anxiety and the times that I've planned well, I've tripped well.

Last edited: