Mushrooms

Tab

Anyone know what they are like? My cousin wants me to do them with him. I wanna know what its like and should I? :confused:

elusive_x

it depends on your environment.. (people you were with, place you are while doing it etc)

mushrooms are "natural" so they dont give you the ups and down of chemicals..
however ppl do have bad mushroom trips.. because they start thinkign too much about depressing or confusing things...

My experience is that it was quite mellow yet exciting... But again, I know ppl who have reported not enjoying it...

Dont do it because of peer pressure, do it if you are interested in it on an experimental basis... (if you feel pressured in any way it may affect you while tripping!) :eek:

saen

I've never done any drugs before, but if I ever was to take a drug, mushrooms would be first on my list. For anyone else who's interested, read about the trips people have on DMT - better than reading any fiction imo.

Lea

Banned
Just try out, it is not going to kill you. I had about 22 ayahuascas and am still alive (that said my brain is not working so well but it wasn´t before either :D).

Nack

Banned
You have a lower chance to die by choking youself till you drop on the floor unconcious than doing drugs. =\

SilentType

Banned
I never had a good trip... I don't know if they're just not for me or what... 3 trips all bad so I gave up tryin to enjoy em. One time in college I was in a house party full of kids who were trippin and I had the biggest panic attack of my life for some reason. I ended up wandering across the city back to my apartment in the middle of the night. I almost got hit by two cars that night haha...

Peace

If you have any emotional problems at all then don't do them. It will result in a bad trip and trust me...it's gonna be BAD.

But if you have no negative thoughts and you're super happy the week that you do them it will be a lot of fun for you!

Took shrooms many times, most of the times i got bad trips so i dont take them anymore.
Anyway i would say not to take them if your anyway depressed or down emotionaly because you prob more inclined to think bad stuff and get a bad buzz.
From my experience it can be a really good buzz to, but with my problems (and i would think yours too) i found i mostly go negative and freak out.

So you proably shouldnt bother trying them.

seekeroftruth

Read trip reports at erowid.org and weigh the positives and negatives, most of the trip reports show how much was taken and by what method.

If you are still considering them I would recommend taking no more then 2 dried grams for a first try, you will definitely get a feel for them, and if you enjoy the company of your cousin then he/she would be a good guide for you.

I turned them down last weekend but was offered some yesterday, I couldn't not buy them when they were right in my face. I have done them multiple times in the past but the idea of a substance taking the steering wheel away from my mind has become less appealing but the trip can be very enjoyable...I haven't done these ones yet, maybe tonight!

Remus

Staff member
I had some back in the day, everytime I vomited and got the fear, I dont recommend them

rado31

close friend? I don't have a close friend. Can i do it on my own?
And where do i get them? Last time i asked someone about them (person who growes them) he thought i was kiddin

C2much

I never had a "bad trip", although i've had friends who have. There are definitely periods of umcomfortableness that have to be ridden out. But there are some cool apsects. Make sure you're in a safe environment when you do them. One thing I did was write a note to myself that I kept in my pocket. The note said that I had taken mushrooms and not too worry, everything would be fine in a few hours. I think just having the note in my pocket kept me grounded.

Celephaïs

Wouldn't recommend doing any type of hallucinogens if you are on meds or have psych problems. If you get paranoid naturally steer clear of them.

Chrysalis

I've never tried any drugs - pretty worried about how I'd react as I'm already anxious and paranoid most of the time :p

Perhaps one day, a trip to picturesque Amsterdam will be on the horizon and I could toast my hard-won wellness with some grass, but anything else? Probably not.

Remus

Staff member
Wouldn't recommend doing any type of hallucinogens if you are on meds or have psych problems. If you get paranoid naturally steer clear of them.

Yup! best advice ever :cool:

I've made my anxieties far worse from dabbling in drugs, this was along time ago too and still left with the effects

NormanBates

Everything everyone said is true I suppose.

I think they work because they almost kill you, and everybody sees crazy things when they are dying.