movie shooting

mfs

I was doing so well until recently now i think that i have alot in common with the guy who killed 12 people at the movies... it concerns me that i might become like him here are some reasons i think this :
Both white males
Have an interest in neuroscience
i read a statement saying he spits alot and this scared me because i spit habitually and idk why
I dont believe i am a "loner" since i have a few friends and am somewhat outgoing but i do think i have been "withdrawing" lately from social experiences
i don't know his background but it just seems that he was mentally ill and so am i and i think this predisposes me to becoming like him
HELP!

hidwell

You are thinking way to much, the chances of you turning out like the movie killer are so remote as to be absurd. It is just anxiety and compulsive thoughts, just let these unpleasant thoughts wash over you and relax. :)

Nathália

I was doing so well until recently now i think that i have alot in common with the guy who killed 12 people at the movies... it concerns me that i might become like him here are some reasons i think this :
Both white males
Have an interest in neuroscience
i read a statement saying he spits alot and this scared me because i spit habitually and idk why
I dont believe i am a "loner" since i have a few friends and am somewhat outgoing but i do think i have been "withdrawing" lately from social experiences
i don't know his background but it just seems that he was mentally ill and so am i and i think this predisposes me to becoming like him
HELP!

Those things are not anything suspicious. The news profiled this guy when they shouldn't have. Now people who have similar traits are all up in a frenzy. It is called stereotyping and generalizing and people as a whole should not listen to the news when they do that. Those reasons alone do not make a person a mass murder or more likely to be.

chibiXphantom

there are probably hundreds of guys that fit the description you gave, so you have nothing to worry about unless you actually think about killing tons of people, have no sense of right/wrong, and are a complete sociopath

anndd if you were any of those things, i doubt you'd be posting this and wouldnt have those worries about killing people cause you wouldnt care

this_portrait

The media almost always emphasizes these characteristics of a suspect when there's a mass shooting. They did it with the Virginia Tech shooter and many of those high school boys in the 90's. When I first heard about the shooting, I KNEW they were going to be all like, "He was quiet and kept to himself a lot, blah blah blah." It's like they have an agenda.

If you break down James Holmes's personality by what you've listed, he's quite relatable in the sense that many people fit at least ONE of those characteristics, mentally ill or not. The big difference is that the majority of us aren't so far gone that we're going to secretly gather an arsenal and shoot up a bunch of random, innocent people in a movie theater.

mfs

i appreciate you guys replying SO much... thanks!... sadly just today it was revealed he was seeing a psychiatrist so maybe he did acknowledge somethin was wrong with him and the doctor couldnt help... i see a pscyhiatrist too and this only serves to scare me more

Nathália

i appreciate you guys replying SO much... thanks!... sadly just today it was revealed he was seeing a psychiatrist so maybe he did acknowledge somethin was wrong with him and the doctor couldnt help... i see a pscyhiatrist too and this only serves to scare me more

You have issues, he had issues, but I feel that his was more severe. You are in control of you, it does not matter how much you are like someone else, you control your own destiny. We have many similarity between others, but that does not mean that there are not differences or major differences. We may have things in common with people but that does not mean we are 100% alike.