Moved to a new school and still don't have any friends

gsmax5

I moved to a new school this year, and I still have no friends. I just sit at my lunch table like an idiot eating my food and pretending to be doing something.

At least at my old school I had "loser friends" who didn't really care about me, and that I didn't really like. I still had some group that I could at least look like I was part of, but now I have nothing.

I really haven't the slightest idea about how to make friends in a school/work environment. How do people do it? :confused::confused::confused:

Any advice on how to make friends would be appreciated.

M1tCh

Banned
Hi,

That's really unfortunate and i can relate to what you're saying, because i went through the same thing in middle school. It's tough.

As for making friends...look for people with common interests that match your own. Be sure to present yourelf confidently too.

Good luck.

Fighter86

How about joining a club or something? Maybe one without too many members so you can get to know them better as opposed to an over crowded club where there are too many people.

mmmm

Maybe the stuff you're trying to look busy with is putting up a do-not-disturb sigh around you. This will probably be the worst advice ever but maybe people will come over if you look bored

Cynic

I moved to a new school this year, and I still have no friends. I just sit at my lunch table like an idiot eating my food and pretending to be doing something.

At least at my old school I had "loser friends" who didn't really care about me, and that I didn't really like.
I used to have mates like this too. However, I must say I would rather be alone than surrounded by people I don't like. I guess there's more pressure to be seen with a crowd when you're at school. Most of my adult life I have kept distant from groups. Hopefully you'll find some folk you can click with.