Mind gets fuzzy

SilentAndShy

So after the doctors, I was proscribed some medicine so I went to the pharmacy to get it. Now it has been a while since I got medicines and a very long time to pay for them. So I was nervous anyway.

The pharmacist asked, after I gave her my slip, what I wanted? I was like "erm, the medicines?". Then when I went to pick them up, she said I had overpaid so gave me a refund. But after on my journey home, I remembered a few questions and I was like "damn, because my mind was all over the place from the day I had etc, and I was sweating abit, I just wanted to get out of there."

I think if an anxious situation once I've got what I wanted, I just want to get out of there even though I may miss out on some information or not ask a certain question I need to or could have asked.

worrywort

I'm exactly the same! When I'm on my own I can think much more clearly, but as soon as I'm around other people my mind goes blank and I get kind of confused and weird. I think it's because my brain goes into a kind of alert mode where it gets super absorbed in looking out for threats; anything that might embarrass me or expose me, and because all my resources are being used focusing on this, the normal part of my brain gets overpowered.