Metalheads and Moshers

ridicule

I don't suppose I'll get a lot of responses to this, but where are my fellow metal mates?
Favorite acts? And they can be from all over, from Sabbath back in the day, to new acts, but mainly I just want to expand the exposure of each sound because metal is so diverse, and most of it is very much underground. I don't know about you, but I've never found a metal radio station.

ridicule

Priest is my fav. I also love Sabbath, Dio, Ozzy, Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, Danzig, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. All old bands....I don't really seek out new ones.
Yeah, I noticed that not many people do, they stick with what they know. But there's a lot of great artists out there, lots of varied styles, very interesting stuff, the problem is they are buried.
I guess if you ever want to maybe try something new, try Last.fm, if you don't already know it. Just put in 15 bands and it basically starts a station and plays similar stuff, plus obviously the bands you picked. It's how I found a lot of the groups I like now, haha, like Turisas, Mushroomhead, and Clawfinger.

talisman

It's how I found a lot of the groups I like now, haha, like Turisas

I love Turisas' most recent album. :cool:

tumblr_louhnzqEZZ1qllx98o1_500.jpg

MagicPotion

Ah finally a thread I can actuallly contribute to :) I even named myself after an Ensiferum song.

I saw Priest at High Voltage on last saturday - that was awesome though as usual I had to be heavily drunk (as in legless) to deal with the crowds. They played a lot of the older stuff I like.

If I had to pick my 5 favourite bands of all time I'd go...

Maiden
Paradise Lost
St. Vitus
Electric Wizard
Bathory

But I like a fair few black metal, death metal, stoner rock/doom and melodic metal bands too.

I remember Lordi on the Eurovision song contest :) That was the most quality thing I'd seen for years. I watched the whole thing and we voted for them - can't believe they won!

CrzyDrmr

Cool thread! I like so many I don't even know where to begin, but here are a few main ones:

-mercyful fate/king diamond
-maiden
-priest
-motorhead
-slayer
-voivod
-demolition hammer
-rigor mortis
-autopsy
-repulsion
-saxon
-dio
-accept

you get the picture!....

MagicPotion

Cool thread! I like so many I don't even know where to begin, but here are a few main ones:

-mercyful fate/king diamond
-maiden
-priest
-motorhead
-slayer
-voivod
-demolition hammer
-rigor mortis
-autopsy
-repulsion
-saxon
-dio
-accept

you get the picture!....

Dio hell yes - Maiden hell yes - Slayer hell yes - Autopsy hell yes - Saxon hell yes - Motorhead hell yes (seen them live) - Mercyful Fate hell yes - Priest hell yes

A few of the NWOBHM bands that played alongside Saxon and Maiden are good too - Pagan Altar, Witchfinder General, Venom, Cloven Hoof, Tank, Diamond Head, even the old Def Leppard stuff is decent (melodic metal not super-heavy or anything)

mikebird

Banned
Thanks for raising this!

I've been listening the last few days.

If you want radio, try Apple iTunes. I think the categorised list is awesome

DukeOtakuNukem mentioned Death/Black

It's been in my collection when I was a teenager
getting back to it is valuable

In my rooms in parents' house was a clear signal of SA which I ignored

When I was 14 I went with a friend to a moshpit club regularly. Too many pints made me unworthy to girls. Pantera days.

The friend I went with has now done a lot better. I'm sure it's because he had 4 sisters. Facebook visits per month get tears rolling just seeing the latest pics of all the people I knew

Last edited: