mental roller-coaster

chev

I feel like I've been on a mental roller-coaster lately. I will talk things up one day, telling myself that things will change, that I am fine the way I am, and that I can fight through my self-esteem issues and such. Then the next day, I'll sink back into my pit, wallowed up in my feelings of worthlessness again. I don't want to keep feeling like this. I don't know how to hold onto the positive attitude. I suppose I'm better than I was last year, when I never had optimism. Yet, at the same time, because I keep sinking into the darkness, I still just want to give up so I never have to feel anything anymore. I'm never going to be fully at peace with myself. I know, I know, not really anyone is ever FULLY at peace, but I mean that I am just always going to be SO distraught with who I am that I am never going to be able to live life the way that it should be lived. I am constantly torn up by my inadequacies and I am never going to be good enough. I am always going to be invisible because nothing I ever do is worth noticing. Why should I stick around if I can't accomplish anything? I just suck over all.

Have you been diagnosed? That does sound a bit like manic bipolar disorder (which i have).

Aside from that, i find the best way to stop sinking into the "pit" is prevention (rather than cure). Especially, filling the mind with positive (& self-affirming) thoughts, for as much of each day as you can (ie taking focus off problems, as you attract what you think about the most). Such as reading books, positive affirmation program for computer/phone, or online inspirational texts (one really good site you could benefit from is heavenletters.org).

chev

Have you been diagnosed? That does sound a bit like manic bipolar disorder (which i have).

Aside from that, i find the best way to stop sinking into the "pit" is prevention (rather than cure). Especially, filling the mind with positive (& self-affirming) thoughts, for as much of each day as you can (ie taking focus off problems, as you attract what you think about the most). Such as reading books, positive affirmation program for computer/phone, or online inspirational texts (one really good site you could benefit from is heavenletters.org).

No, I haven't been diagnosed. I've always battled with myself over going to see someone about it. My mom knows I have depression, but I just am always scared to go to the doctor or a therapist about it. Thanks for your help. I'll check out the site you suggested.