Men who have BDD, issues having your photo taken, and discussing that with your gf

etsveteran

I am a male, but have BDD. Not severe, but enough to think about it regularly.

I hate my photos due to dark circles, thinning hair, thin skin etc... I also hate my reflection in certain reflective monitors...so maybe my BDD is severe lol

In today's world it is very hard to be like this since everyone posts photos everywhere, and women want to take photos for memories, marriage, facebook, selfies etc...

Are any males in my boat? Does your gf disrespect you because of that?

I guess females can post here too as I am curious about their side of the story both as BDD sufferers and as supporters of their bfs....

bsammy

yeah you need to try and get your gf to understand you better..if she loses respect for you just for that, then that is bullshit..

btw i absolutely hate having my picture taken, i avoid it at all costs..the longer it takes the picture taker to get a good shot the more irritated i become..

AGR

Yes its the main reason I was insecure in the past,it may not be bdd since bdd is something that is imagined,mine is real and when I was younger played a big hole in me being agoraphobic.

Capsaicin

I get where you're coming from. Self-advertisement is the social norm whether it's photos on Facebook, plentiful personal information online, arguing over stupid shit in the name of asserting your opinion and standing, or being expected to share your struggles openly just because people around you are.